Business Analyst with Python skills
Posted on Feb 12, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our Client from the banking sector, we are looking for a Business Analyst with Python skills:
Duration: 12 months
Overview of the project:
This role is within Bank's Chief Compliance & Regulatory Officer (CCRO) group as part of a global team to support a key platform migration. The platform organizes data collected from various Front Office businesses and prepares it for processing by our Compliance projects. The role sits within the data sourcing team which is responsible for obtaining and processing data from a large number of systems and normalizing the data into one platform
- Working with a global team, as part of building our data platform and enhancing the number of systems that we have data connectivity to
- Working across multiple IT and Business teams, owning and driving the delivery of solutions for Datamodelling, data understanding and data preparation and adhering to internal processes for the tooling required to accomplish this in an efficient, consistent and repeatable manner.
- Providing regular updates to senior management and key stakeholders.
- The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate a take-charge attitude towards problems, strive for excellence, and work well under pressure in a fast-paced, hands-on, delivery focused role. Must be able to partner with multiple groups and stakeholders.
- Understand database concepts especially composite primary and surrogate keys (eg. Oracle or MySQL or any relational databases)
- Be completely comfortable writing complex SQL queries and querying multiple data sources and tables
- Intermediate to advanced Python to be able to create & maintain python scripts as well as create a command line tool to automate tasks for production support
- Good understanding of Linux
- Excel, Sql and writing documents in Excel
- Basic BASH to be able to create and maintain BASH scripts
- Familiar with Jira/confluence and extremely well organized and good at switching contexts or tasks
- Fluent English is a must
- Able to work in an agile/scrum environment
For further information please contact: