Data Architect - (Azure Data Factory/SQL/DWH/SNOWFLAKE)
Posted on Feb 12, 2020 by Venturi Limited
As a data architect, (Azure Data Factory/SQL/DWH/SNOWFLAKE) you'll work on re-engineering and improving the clients data-flows.
To do this, you will work closely with the business teams and data analyst to make sure that they deliver the right data, in the right way and using the right technology.
You will be responsible for:
- Being the focal point for the data architectural direction
- Collaborating across the product, architecture and data teams to provide technical direction and architectural input into data product development
- Continue to build out our event-based architecture (Microsoft Azure Event Grid)
- Implementing high quality data solutions, including design, development, and deployment of new functionality for our data ecosystem
- Driving towards an architecture that optimizes flexibility, re-use, scalability, performance, and availability
- Leading data, program & system architecture discussions to identify a suitable quality solution to the business requirement
- Communicating and document solutions and design decisions and guide the implementation
- Leading research & evaluation of new technology solutions, providing recommendations and training to adopt the most appropriate technology for the given problem
- Driving evolution of standards & design patterns with industry standard methodologies and new technology to enhance productivity, quality, and system performance
- Identifying system, infrastructure and project interdependencies
What's in it for me?
- Basic salary of £80k (DOE) plus bonus and benefits
- Access to Microsoft latest technologies
- Discretionary bonus
- Competitive holiday entitlement
- Attractive company pension scheme
- Learning and development budget
The essential experience required for the Data Architect (Azure Data Factory/SQL/DWH/SNOWFLAKE)
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge and expertise of the data ecosystem.
- Data warehousing, ideally using Snowflake and Snowpipe
- Strong understanding of metadata, schemas, lineage, data quality and anomaly detection
- Strong knowledge & experience of designing, developing and implementing large scale data applications using Microsoft Azure, Hadoop, Hive and Spark
- Experience of using cloud services (Microsoft Azure), particularly with an infrastructure-as-code approach
- Experience solving complex and large-scale data problems and successfully delivering large scale projects, as an individual and team leader
- Effective mentoring and leadership skills and an ability to successfully drive design and implementation of data projects
- Excellent communication, presentation, and influencing skills, with the ability to explain technical details and challenges to a wide variety of audiences (including executive leadership)
How do I apply?
It's easy - contact (see below) or drop me a call. This is an excellent opportunity for a Data Architect (Azure Data Factory/SQL/DWH/SNOWFLAKE) to join a rapidly growing client using the latest cloud technology that are currently taking the market by storm!
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£45k - £65k Annual
£55k - £60k Annual
£62k - £65k Annual