Software Engineer (Cloud Engineering)
Posted on Feb 12, 2020 by NetApp Headquarters
Waltham, MA, US, 02451
Requisition ID: 34555
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data - to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We've built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world - to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
As a Software Development Engineer for Cloud Engineering Team, you will work as part of a team responsible for building software defined storage solutions and cloud storage solutions. You will design, develop and test storage and data management services to be deployed as containers in Kubernetes and work with various public and private cloud providers. As part of the Research and Development function, the overall focus of the group is on competitive market and customer requirements, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. Software engineers focus on enhancements to existing products as well as new product development.
* Knowledge in virtualization technologies, cloud solutions, systems architecture and design, and driver development
* Strong programming skills in Go, Python or other programming languages
* Understanding of cloud technologies and orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes.
* Experience with working in any of the public cloud providers like AWS, Azure or GCP.
* Experience in software design and development and a strong understanding of complex concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and programming practices.
* Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
* Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and demonstrate strong influencing and leadership skills.
* Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
* Responsible for handling unstructured tasks and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new perspectives, creative approaches and with more interdependencies
* To participate in any and/or all phases of the product development cycle from product definition and design, through implementation and test design.
* As part of a team, you will participate in technical discussions within the immediate group and across functions, where evaluating and executing design and development plans for products are reviewed.
* Operate under limited supervision and direction, as this individual can operate, drive results and set priorities independently
* Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation and interaction with cross functional teams
* Participate as a proactive contributor and subject matter expert
* Demonstrate favorable results through regular leadership and mentoring others
* Requires around 3-5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's or Master's degree
What You'll Love About Us
* Our Culture: It's our culture and our people. If you ask anyone at NetApp why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: it's the people.
* Health Benefits: NetApp provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family.
* Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it's flexible spending, stock purchases, or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future.
* Work Life balance and more: To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers.
* Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization.
At NetApp, we take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it's the right thing to do. Along the way, we've repeatedly transformed businesses and set industry standards. Now more game-changing developments are in the pipeline. Behind our breakthroughs is an open, collaborative culture that fuels fresh ideas. By sharing our viewpoints, challenging our thinking, and empowering our people, we create unique and novel approaches to solving problems. Join us, and we'll help each other do our best work!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.
Nearest Major Market: Waltham
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Software Engineer, Engineer, Developer, Cloud, Medical, Engineering, Technology, Healthcare