Lead DevOps Engineer
Posted on Feb 12, 2020 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Lead DevOps Engineer
Location: Tempe, AZ
Looking for a candidate with leadership skills, automation orchestration and virtualization skills. You will be developing, building, optimizing self service tools that operate cloud applications on cloud platforms. You will have CI/CD, Jenkins, Git, Concourse security frameworks, SQL, MySQL, Hadoop, Elastic search.
- Oversee and develop various cloud environments and platforms while aligning them with requirements, business and security strategies
- Coach and mentor different teams across the various engineering practices including extreme programming, product mindset, cloud/as-a-service approach, and infrastructure as code
- Designs architecture with various cloud providers that meets technical, security, and business needs for applications and workloads.
- Establishes the strategy and manages complex technical designs in engineering and operating cloud platform infrastructure
- Oversees and develops the strategy and implementation of complex designs for the continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) frameworks and tools
- Contributes to technology strategy and engineering roadmaps around cloud platforms; executes strategic engineering proof of concepts around cloud platforms
- Defines and develops new products and services that provides functions- as-a-service
- Champions for the appropriate use of open source and commercial technology based upon industry trends and innovative concepts
- Provides technical assistance.
- Analyzes, tracks, and resolves moderate to complex problems
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or STEM field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science and Software Engineering fundamentals
- 4 + years of hands-on experience leading, supporting, automating, and optimizing enterprise services deployments in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) leveraging configuration management, CI/CD, and DevOps processes
- Experience creating and implementing automation (CI/CD pipelines) to build, test, and deploy enterprise services using tools like (or similar to) Jenkins, Git, Concourse
- Solid understanding of security and compliance frameworks, standards and implementation in public cloud environments
- Strong experience with databases such as SQL, MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Elastic search, Redis, Cassandra, and/or Mongo.
- Hands-on experience with cloud solutions at massive scale and resiliency
- Experience automating and orchestrating workloads for large-scale enterprise Java applications using Ansible
- Experience supporting 24/7 production systems outside of standard working hours to assist with issues and troubleshooting efforts
- Experience in infrastructure programming using languages like Python, Ruby, Go
- Experience implementing container technology to improve development workflow, optimize speed, and increase scalability. Ex. Docker, Kubernetes
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$130k - $170k Annual