DBA (MySQL | NoSQL)
Posted on Feb 12, 2020 by E-Frontiers
- Design, deploy and support high available and scalable distributed NoSQL database for high volume transactions
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of 24x7 mission critical databases in a mixture of containerized and non-containerized environment.
- Cross Data Centre Replication
- Config Management using Puppet,Ansible, Terraform
- Automation using Shell, Python, configuration management
- Database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, deployments etc.
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
- Ensure Change management process is followed
- Collaborate with other team members and business stakeholders
- Maintain and develop data models, structures, and procedures to ensure the integrity of all database components
- Prepare crystal clear documentations and specifications including database design and coding standards
- Provide 24x7 support during on-call support rotation schedule
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must Have
- 8+ years overall IT experience, with 2+ years' relevant experience in the following:
- Nosql databases/datastores eg Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Neo4J etc.
- Strong Linux Administration Skills
- Scripting languages like Shell, Python or Ruby
- Docker Containers
- Config management tools like Puppet, Terraform and Ansible etc.
- Code versioning tools like GIT and SVN
- Proficiency in database management duties
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Up to date knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Knowledge of other Database technologies (MySQL, Oracle, SQLServer, )
- Knowledge of.nix tuning would be helpful
- Previous Training or Certifications would be a plus
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent education