Onsite Support Specialist - Erembodegem, Belgium
Posted on Feb 12, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
Onsite Support Specialist Engineer | 6 months (extendable) | Erembodegem, Belgium | Excellent rate
I am currently recruiting for an Onsite Support Specialist Engineer to assists customers with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technologies.
Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems.
A good understanding of general IT required as a provision of Smart Hands will also be required on occasion to work with subject matter experts as their eyes, hands, and feet in areas such as Networking, Server and Telecoms, etc.
Duties for the Onsite Support Specialist role include:
1. Accurately testing, identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting end-user technical issues regarding basic network/desktop/laptop support, Printers, PDAs, Blackberrys, and LAN cable drops
2. Break-fix, troubleshoot and resolve software issues; Reimaging computers/hard drives
3. IMACD function including installation and decommission
4. Backing up and restoring user data, settings and associated systems administration activities
5. Assist ServiceDesk/Remote Desktop Support teams for hands and feet coordination efforts
6. Assist on Incident and Problem management activities
7. Taking ownership of issues through to resolution on all appropriate requests
8. Categorize and prioritize end user support requests (Incidents) and service requests by utilizing ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information
9. Move equipment associated with escalated help desk incidents and service requests
10. Performing asset inventory activities as needed
11. Recommends and/or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity
12. Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software
13. Maintain spare parts/inventory list on a monthly basis and coordinate for any disposal requisites
14. Provide trade show planning and support, setup, test, training, logistics, and maintenance of all required Workstation and peripheral equipment at the site. Incremental labor and incidental travel expenses shall be funded by Customer (eg meals, travel, and lodging) in accordance with the Agreement
15. Be available for Oncall support during afterhours as and when necessary
16. Adhere to ticket response and resolution SLA's as agreed upon with the customer
17. Basic understanding of DHCP, DNS, IP Addressing and sub netting & Basic understanding of fixing Wireless LAN, Ethernet desktop configuration issues
* At least 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area required
* Technicians have to be bilingual which Includes Mandatory English Speaking along with Local language
* Technicians should have good knowledge of Hands and Feet
* Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc)
* Strong Microsoft Operating System installation and troubleshooting skills
* Strong Break/Fix skills Desktops, Workstations, Notebooks and Printers and Handhelds
* Broad experience of IT with a basic understanding of Networks, Servers, and Telecoms
* Strong Customer service skills
* Ability to provide consistent, excellent customer support to the entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Must be detail-oriented and self-motivating
* Background security check required
* Experience including remote control of PCs and video conferencing knowledge
Shortlisting immediately - phone interview this week.
This role is suitable for an Onsite Support Specialist who is looking to work in a professional team within a successful multinational company.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV for consideration now!