Information Security Consultant - FTC
Posted on Feb 12, 2020 by Barclay Simpson Recruitment
Information Security Consultant required for financial services firm who are looking to expand their team. The role will be focused on providing assurance within Governance, Risk and Compliance in order to enhance the functions current security state.
- Maintaining and assisting with the development of Information Security Policy and ensuring appropriate authorisation, commitment and endorsement from senior IT and business management
- Working closely with other Business Line and Central Security functions and personnel
- Promoting education and awareness of security at all levels of the UK business
- Developing and documenting procedures for operating and maintaining security controls
- Perform business impact analyses, performing security risk analysis and risk management
- Conduct security reviews arising from security breaches and instigating remedial actions
- Reporting, analysing and reducing the impact and volumes of all security incidents in conjunction with Problem Management
- Ensuring that the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the services are maintained at the levels agreed in the SLAs and that they conform to all relevant statutory requirements
- Performing security tests
- Monitoring and maintaining internal access control procedures
- Process improvement and reporting
- Reviewing and investigating Event Monitoring reports
- Working with IT line managers at all levels to ensure they are enacting their specific security responsibilities.
- Monitoring and managing the IT Risk management processes
- Monitoring and managing IT policies and procedures
- Providing advice and guidance on IT matters to 2nd line Risk staff
As an ideal candidate, you will have an industry certification such as CISSP/CISM/CRISC. You will also have a proven track record of delivering in a similar role. Experience within financial services is highly advantageous.