Translator (Greek, Serbian, Romanian, Dutch or French) To English
Posted on Feb 12, 2020 by NextLink Solutions
Are you looking for an interesting and challenging project in Brussels?
If yes, this is the right opportunity for you!
Do you feel comfortable working in an international team?
Don't stop! Continue reading!
Next-Link Solution is a Swiss IT Consultancy Company that has been providing both IT services and IT staffing to major customers for the past 20 years, has an excellent opportunity that can take your career to the next level.
I am currently working with the manufacture client who are looking for a Translator.
A maintenance and support project, we will provide L2 and L3 services to the customer. We need to interact with customer teams in Greek, Serbian, Romanian, Dutch and French languages.
Translator responsibilities include:
- Languages: Interaction with customer in Greek, Serbian, Romanian, Dutch and French languages and translate in English for TCS team and vice versa
Hours: Business hours (8X5) and rest on call (after office hours and during weekend)
Converting text and description on images from above languages to English and vice-versa
- Ensuring translated texts, verbal and written communication conveys original meaning and tone
- Liaise with Service Desk/L1 team to understand the incident raised by them in above languages
- Liaise with key users to understand the incidents raised by them. This requires discussion and understanding the issue, circumstances in which issue occurred, actions taken by the user in above languages and translate to English. Communicate the issue and description to IT L2 and L3 team
- Liaise with key and business users to understand the Service Request raised by them in above languages. This requires discussion and understanding the request and translating to English. Communicate the Service Request and description to IT L2 and L3 team
- Liaise with business team to understand the functionality change requested by them in above languages. Translate the understanding to English and communicate to L3 team.
- Work collaboratively with Greek and English teams in IT landscape and ensure translation is done in minimal possible time with effective communication.
We are looking for a Translator to interpret written, verbal and visual pieces in different languages, making sure to maintain their original meaning, format and tone. Translator responsibilities include reading and thoroughly understanding the context of given material, using specialized dictionaries and translation tools and proofreading finished pieces of work. To be successful in this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and be fluent in at least two languages in addition to your native language. Ultimately, you will provide ready-to-use translated content that meets our internal needs and helps us reach a broader audience.
- Read given material and research retail industry-specific terminology
- Convert text, verbal and visual content from one language to one or more others
- Ensure translated content conveys original meaning and tone
- Cross-reference specialized dictionaries and translation tools to check quality of translation
- Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy
- Follow up with internal team members and clients to ensure translation meets their needs
- Edit content with an eye toward maintaining its original format (eg font and structure)
- Network with field experts to stay current on new translation tools and practices
- Proven work experience as a Translator, Interpreter or similar role
- Fluency in at English and at least 2 more languages Greek, Serbian, Romanian, Dutch and/or French
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling and punctuation errors
- Good knowledge of content editing tools
- Familiarity with translation software
- Time-management skills
- BSc in Translation, Interpreting or similar field
- Additional certification in Linguistics is a plus
Start date: April
Duration: 1 year (possible extension)
Work load: 100% (5 days on site)
Work location: Brussels, Belgium
Remote: Not possible