Speech Language Pathologist
Posted on Feb 11, 2020 by Common Sail Investment Group
Speech Pathologist - Home Care - PRN
The Home Health Care Speech Pathologist will be a contingent position that provides services for home care clients who have speech and language problems. Services are provided under the direction of the attending physician with the participation of the family and other members of the interdisciplinary team, as indicated.
- Meets the education and experience requirements for Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in speech pathology or audiology granted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, or has completed the educational requirements for certification and is in the process of accumulating the supervised experience required for certification.
- Is certified to practice Speech-Language Pathology.
- Has a minimum of one (1) years' experience in a health care facility or equivalent experience.
- Current CPR certification, as applicable.
- The Home Health Care Speech Pathologist will performs speech therapy assessments, diagnostic tests, skilled procedures, and ongoing evaluation for clients who are receiving services under a medically approved Plan of Care.
- Completes initial assessments within forty-eight (48) hours of referral unless other arrangements are made.
- Completes comprehensive assessments including OASIS data set within forty-eight (48) hours of referral for speech therapy services unless other arrangements are made.
- Develops a therapy care plan to provide direction to other health team members involved in the plan of care. Reviews and updates per Agency policy and client need.
- Documents all findings, plans, interventions, and outcomes and submits documentation to the Agency within seven (7) days or per Agency policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.