Senior System Administrator
Posted on Feb 11, 2020 by Bechtel
We are looking for a team member that will collaborate openly and has proficient oral and written communications skills. As a member of our IT team, you will have the opportunity to be engaged in a wide variety of IT-related work. This will include maintaining both Windows and Linux-based systems, providing user support and troubleshooting efforts, and researching and recommending creative methods and solutions for system administrative, networking, and other IT-related tasking. You will have the opportunity for hands-on access across a variety of infrastructure segments simultaneously, including compute, networking, and storage provided by a variety of vendor solutions including NetApp, VMware, Microsoft, Cisco, Juniper, HP and others. This is not the typical trouble-ticket-based systems/network administration position, but instead requires the orchestration of many different skill sets across the spectrum of IT solutions to effect significant modernization while ensuring highly reliable service.
* Installs, tests and supports data center components such as servers and storage systems, with emphasis on VMware suite of products and NETAPP storage Systems.
* Analyzes interaction of server operating system, applications and network components to troubleshoot problems.
* Develops and maintains scripts and tools to perform repetitive operational tasks and reports on operational metrics.
* Migrates data and user accounts as required.
* Provides input to and creates new data center work processes and standards.
* Assures that all work processes are properly tracked through the standard ticketing system
* Comprehensive knowledge of infrastructure systems architecture concepts, configurations and standards.
* Comprehensive knowledge of VMware design, setup, manage and troubleshooting
* Comprehensive knowledge of NETAPP design, setup, manage and troubleshooting
* Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Exchange design, setup, manage and troubleshooting
* Ability to handle customer interactions in an accurate, effective and timely manner.
* Ability to write complex reports in a clear and concise manner.
* US citizenship required
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with 13 years of directly related progressive professional experience in information technology OR in lieu of degree, 19 years of directly related progressive professional experience.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.