Posted on Feb 11, 2020 by Worley
At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with JacobsEnergy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professionalproject and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. Wehave almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the worldcovering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining andenhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for youto join us.
The transition will take time, so in the short-term you may seereferences to our heritage companies in your application process.
Click hereto see how we celebrate our community impact and our people who make itpossible!
Worley is currentlylooking for a Project Accountant to support the Accounting Team with analyzingand reporting on all aspects of all assigned projects, helping to determinepotential opportunities or risks that are associated with each project. Youwill ensure that the companys projects financial performance is correctlymeasured on a monthly basis and help to coach project directors/managers tounderstand the financial life cycle of their projects from the bidding processto conclusion.
- Accountable for the set up and maintenance of projects in the business system in accordance with accounting policies; establishes and maintains pricing schedules, customer details, payment plans, invoicing calendars, and multicurrency billing
- Interprets contract terms and conditions and builds commercial terms into project set ups to ensure maximum profitability..
- Ensures contractual and joint venture operating agreement compliance and participates in audits and resolution activities.
- Reviews Work In Process (WIP) reports and conducts WIP review meetings with Project Managers to ensure timely billing.
- Reviews project transaction documents and accounts for accuracy and completeness, including sub-charges, data sheets, time reports, expenses, subcontractor invoices, etc.
- Works with Billing Coordinators in the production of customer invoices, credit notes, and back up documentation.
- Reviews draft invoices for accuracy prior to submitting for Project Manager approval.
- Ensures billings do not exceed approved budget limits and works with Project Managers and Project Controls to resolve issues.
- Challenges the financial and commercial health of projects during regular project reviews with operations.
- Performs weekly review of project revenue recognition in business system; takes action on projects not generating revenue.
- Produces and analyzes trend and variance reports as needed.
- Ensures project profitability is maximized for the project.
- Identifies areas of potential project gross margin improvement; ensures accurate recovery of all costs as defined in the contract and ensures non-billable costs are minimized.
- Gathers project accruals and provisions information as needed.
- Works closely with Project Controls and Financial Reporting to produce monthly reports and estimates.
- Works closely with project operations, controls and billing coordinators to improve project administration processes and effectiveness.
- Reviews Days Sales Outstanding reports and assists in the development of corrective action plans.
- Works directly with customers to ensure invoices have been received, approved, and actioned.
- Provides regular invoice status updates to ProjectManagers.
What youwill bring
Required Technical and Industry Experience:
- Degree in Finance or Business Administration
- 5 years Finance/ Accounting experience with more than half in the Engineering & Construction industry
- Experience with Oracle & Hyperion Financial Management Systems
- Technical and analytical accounting skills
- Understanding of GAAP and IFRS
- Maintains the highest professional ethics and standards
- Project size, complexity, and/or risk increases with each level in the Project Accounting roles
- Requires comprehensive Excel skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Must be able to successfully exercise independent judgment
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Sense of urgency to deadlines
- Must be detail oriented
Education Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Degree in Financeor Business Administration
Worley will offer you a competitive compensationand benefits package, plus a friendly, professional and dynamic workingenvironment with the opportunity to develop your career prospects within theUnited States and on a global scale.
When you join Worley,youll join an equal opportunity employer that believes in the inherentbenefits of a diverse workplace and that promotes inclusion and flexibility. Weencourage applications from a diverse population of people that reflect therange of countries, cultures and contexts spanned by our operations. Our people are at the heart of our processes we value everyones personal wellbeing and contributions.
All qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin,disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristicprotected by law.
Only those candidates with appropriate qualifications andexperience will be contacted directly.
Please note: No agency representation or submissions will be recognizedfor this vacancy.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.