Senior Cloud Platform Engineer
Posted on Feb 11, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Sr. AWS Cloud Platform Engineer. Candidate will be a full stack engineer that builds the cloud environments and hosting platforms.
Candidate will be owning, developing, implementing and operating the cloud platforms, as well as be developing, building, administering, and deploying self-service tools that enable developers to build, deploy and operate cloud native applications.
- Oversees and develops the various cloud platform environments and aligning them with business strategies and requirements
- Architecting cloud solutions for massive scale, resiliency and maintainability.
- Designing architecture with various cloud providers that meets technical, security, and business needs for applications and workloads.
- Champions the engineering practices and helping teams define and setup frameworks for infrastructure as code and automation
- Establishes the strategy and manages complex technical designs in engineering and operating cloud platform infrastructure
- Oversees and develops the strategy and manages complex designs for the continuous delivery framework and tools, and acting as a subject matter expert on infrastructure CI/CD pipelines
- Contribute to technology strategy and engineering roadmaps around cloud platforms; executes strategic engineering proof of concepts around cloud platforms
- Defines and develops new products and services that provides functions- as-a-service
- Develops a strategy for application and infrastructure monitoring for platforms and applications aligning with enterprise strategy and overall industry trends
- Owns, manages and maintains the high availability design, engineering, and operations of the cloud platforms
- Champions for the appropriate use of open source and commercial technology based upon industry trends and innovative concepts
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing complex applications and distributed systems into public cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc )
- Solid understanding of security and compliance frameworks, standards and implementation in public cloud environments; relevant experience in vulnerability management and security operations in public cloud
- Experience and solid understanding of networking concepts and services like DirectConnect, VPN, IPsec, PKI, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP, etc
- Experience in using DSLs/frameworks for managing infrastructure as code like (or similar to) CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc
- Experience in infrastructure programming using languages like Python, Ruby, Go
- Hands on experience using continuous integration/delivery tools like (or similar to) git, Jenkins
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related area, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of application development or infrastructure engineering experience
- Able to mentor different teams across the various engineering practices including extreme programming, product mindset, cloud/as-a-service approach, and infrastructure as code
- Willingness and competence in producing necessary changes in our infrastructure and processes
- Will be working primarily in an XP environment and must be willing to work in a paired programming/engineering model
- Able to facilitate diverse teams, multi-task, and work under pressure to meet aggressive schedule targets
- Able to work effectively across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Identify creative solutions for technical challenges
- Able to communicate effectively across groups of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to communicate and present ideas and solutions