Project Manager OPS
Posted on Feb 11, 2020 by Techwave Consulting BV
What's it all about?
Techwave is looking for a professional project manager who will support the Programme Manager of pay ops stabilisation programme by actively managing operational improvements projects.
Programme Objective: To stabilise Techwave's Operations to support scale for the next 2 years & future proof beyond. Deliver changes to move Techwave to being Clean & Green
This is a project based role, initially for the duration of 6 months. There is a good chance that extensions will be optional.
What we expect of you, day to day
- Preparing, scoping information, project definition and project plans for the operationalisation of the core platform improvements delivered by product
- Matrix managing all project resources, ensuring all project resources are aware of the detailed of tasks assigned to them including start, end dates, effort, budget, responsibilities and any relevant issues. This is a Matrix management function, therefore resources are spread across different teams in Techwave and are not reporting into the project manager
- Prepare and conduct project meetings with project teams and key stakeholders
- Plan, monitor, control and report on key aspects of project such as scope, budget, resource consumption, duration and client satisfaction, including lessons learnt. This includes regular project status reports outlining project progress for both the partner and Techwave's management
- Maintain detailed and up-to-date project plans for projects
- Assesses risks to projects and work to mitigate these risks
- Actively manage, track and drive issue resolution
- Manage changes that are requested or required in the project
- Ensure that each deliverable drives benefits for the business
- Partner with other streams and programmes to ensure that necessary feedback is shared and incorporated
The role is key to driving payment operations stabilisation through the delivery various operational improvements:
- Build joined up working between different functions and project teams
- Identify, iterate and implement opportunities to continuously improve the way we deliver changes within operations
What we're after:
- Good knowledge of Hybrid and Waterfall methodologies with proven experience in delivering within both
- Experience within Agile environments is preferred
- Knowledge in Integrated project planning, ie Project planning with critical path analysis, dependency mapping & resource (workload) balancing etc.
- High-level of proficiency in MS Project is essential, Jira is nice to have
- High level of skill with managing people in Matrix organisation, relationships, processes, work and budgets during the project life cycle
- Excellent planning, problem solving, organisation, analytical and issue resolution skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, both in terms of deliverable deadlines, but also in terms of communication with managers and resources under difficult situations and deadlines with clients and partners.
- Technical background, knowledge and experience with software development technologies and experience of working in an Agile environment is essential
- Exposure to and experience in financial services, particularly payments an advantage
Your Personal Attributes
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal communication and teamwork skills and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with partners, senior managers and all Techwave staff/Techwave functional areas using collaborative approach
- Calm, professional and assertive
- Excellent written and verbal skills with emphasis on negotiating, influencing, facilitating and presentation skills
- Ability to interact at senior level confidently
- Strong experience in working with a distributed global model - because of the nature of the role, it is anticipated that some modest flexibility in hours may be required when working on projects in significantly different time zones.
If you have any questions regarding this role, don't hesitate to call.
About Techwave Consulting inc.
Established in 2004, Techwave Consulting Inc is USA based global software solutions company with its headquarters in Exton. Started off as an SAP solutions and services' provider, Techwave soon expanded its footprint and wings across the globe and started offering end-to-end software services. Currently, Techwave has some of the elite names on its clientele list. It isn't an exaggeration to state that ever since its inception, Techwave has been garnering the attention of blue chip companies that are constantly in search of leveraging the business-edge IT solutions. Today, Techwave has close to 1400 employees working at its Global Delivery Center in Hyderabad while it has multiple offices in Europe, United Arab Emirates, APAC, and South Africa.?