Posted on Feb 11, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
Overview of business area or project:
Within our Global Markets business area, Execution and Agency Products is responsible for all Listed and Primary Market security execution for clients of the bank, predominantly covering Wealth Management and Private clients in Switzerland. EAP IT is responsible for all the applications in the execution value chain from order entry, pre-trade compliance, execution, matching, settlement and booking.
This exciting new project will take core applications within EAP and transform them towards our target application architecture whilst also insourcing the workforce from a long term outsource provider.
- Build and manage cloud server infrastructure for development and production environments
- Work together with a development team to enable continuous integration/deployment with automation being point of emphasis
- Manage configuration of the environments
- Monitor system performance and make recommendations regarding capacity and generally hardware management
Overview of the department/team (team size, backgrounds, personalities ):
The successful candidate will be working in the Execution and Agency development organization with a development team of approximately 60+ people. Their working place will be at our main office in Zürich. This role is part of a global team with members in Switzerland, Poland and India.
Essentials Technical Skills and Qualifications:
- Fluent with Python programming and Linux systems
- Experience with configuration management systems (Ansible (preferred), Chef or Puppet)
- Experience with service discovery solutions (Consul (preferred), ZooKeeper)
- Experience with Docker and preferably also with Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Experience with log indexing systems (Kibana, Logstash, Splunk)
- Familiar with continuous integration/deployment tools and techniques (Jenkins, TeamCity, Svn, Git)
- Nice to have: experience with managing Kafka cluster
- Nice to have: experience with cloud-based deployments (Azure (preferred), AWS, OpenStack, Cloudserve)
- Nice to have: experience with Infrastructure as a Code (IaaC) deployment automation and virtualization tools
Desired Soft Skills and Qualifications:
- Very good analytical skills
- Ability to work in an agile environment with minimum guidance, go-getter
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proactive approach with will to continuously improve
Candidate Value Proposition:
- Working in an international, cross-functional team (developers, business analysts, testers and DevOps)
- Constantly evolving projects that will be continued for years to come
- Modern technology friendly environment
If you think this could be the right role for you, please feel free to apply online or please contact Agnieszka Wojcik directly ( (see below) ).