DevOps Engineer, Global Bank, Zurich
Posted on Feb 11, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
My Client is a Global Swiss Bank with an enviable reputation. Due to some internal growth they are currently seeking a DevOps Engineer for an initial 12 months to be based in Zurich.
Responsibilities will include:
- Build and manage cloud server infrastructure for development and production environments
- Work together with a development team to enable continuous integration/deployment with automation being point of emphasis
- Manage configuration of the environments
- Monitor system performance and make recommendations regarding capacity and generally hardware management
The successful incumbent will possess:
- Fluent with Python programming and Linux systems
- Experience with configuration management systems (Ansible (preferred), Chef or Puppet)
- Experience with service discovery solutions (Consul (preferred), ZooKeeper)
- Experience with Docker and preferably also with Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Experience with log indexing systems (Kibana, Logstash, Splunk)
- Familiar with continuous integration/deployment tools and techniques (Jenkins, TeamCity, Svn, Git)
- Nice to have: experience with managing Kafka cluster, cloud-based deployments (Azure (preferred), AWS, OpenStack, Cloudserve), Infrastructure as a Code (IaaC) deployment automation and virtualization tools
If the candidate possesses food analytical skills/ability to work in an agile environment with minimum guidance, go-getter/strong verbal and written communications skills this would be highly advantageous.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.