Network Engineer - Cork
Posted on Feb 11, 2020 by E-Frontiers
IS Infrastructure Engineer - Networking
IS Information & Security Manager
Job Purpose and primary objectives:
Ensure the stability and integrity of voice, data, video and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization
Key responsibilities (please specify if the position is an individual one or part of a team):
Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including Routers, Switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
Collaborate with executive management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
Works closely with the Global Telecom Team to support & implement first class business solutions.
Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user Workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
Ensure network connectivity of all Servers, workstations, telephony equipment, and other network appliances.
Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
Participate in managing all network security solutions.
Perform server and security audits, and system backups and recovery.
Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
Manage and/or provide guidance to members of the team.
- Rich experience and demonstrated ability to design and implement with Cisco LAN, WAN, WLAN and Palo Alto Firewalls
- Rich experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices
- Applied technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Intermediate knowledge of telephony systems, including Voice Over IP systems
- Applied technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including the OSI model and TCPIP
- Demonstrated ability and experience troubleshooting hardware
- Demonstrate competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits
- Applied knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research into networking issues and products
- Demonstrated ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Demonstrated ability to achieve objectives with little oversight and effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities; keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Experience and demonstrated success working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Cisco CCNP or equivalent professional certification. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other relevant field of technology with rich experience.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.