Principal Scientist - Cancer Biology
Posted on Feb 11, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - Munich
We are working with an exciting new client on a huge opportunity for Scientists of all levels to participate in the research and development of next generation of multispecific antibodies for Immuno-Oncology, inflammatory diseases and autoimmune diseases.
We are looking for a Principal Scientist who will lead studies in the validation of novel biological targets.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the identification and validation of new therapeutic concepts to build the portfolio in immuno-oncology focused on myeloid biology.
- Lead, develop, perform and analyze immunological assays including but not limited to immuno-oncology assays such as immune profiling using multi-color flow cytometry, multiplex cytokine profiling, gene expression profiling, ELISA, binding assays and functional primary human cell-based assays for the characterization of novel biological candidates.
- Perform cell culture, including primary human cultures, development and maintenance of cell lines.
- Contribute to inter-disciplinary research efforts in a cross-functional setting.
- Design, perform and analyze experiments and communicate results in a timely manner.
- Maintain experimental records in electronic laboratory notebook format.
- Review relevant scientific literature, experimental design, troubleshooting, analysis and interpretation of data
- Assist with general laboratory duties including lab equipment maintenance, ordering and receiving of lab supplies.
- Lead external collaborations to build the portfolio as needed
- Comply with all safety guidelines
- Perform other relevant responsibilities as required.
- Manage a small team of direct reports
- PhD with at least 5 years experience, or Master's degree with at least 8 years in Immunology, Cancer Biology, Cellular Biology or related life sciences
- Solid and demonstrable bench level experience in the development, validation and implementation of immunological assays
- Hands-on expertise in methodologies, reagents and instruments used for primary cell cultures, flow cytometry (mandatory), ELISA and cytokine analyses
- Experience with handling primary cells in BSL-2 level facilities, isolation of immune cells from human biological samples (PBMC) is mandatory. Practical knowledge in data analysis using standard software (eg Excel, GraphPad, JMP, Flow cytometry dedicated software)
- Experience in antibody discovery and pharmaceutical industry is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; proficiency in French is a plus
- Excellent lab management skills and mentoring skills
- Strong work ethic and willingness to participate in a fast-paced work environment
Get in touch Luchele Mendes
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.