Team Lead - Protein Technologies
Posted on Feb 11, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - Munich
We are working with an exciting new client on a huge opportunity for Scientists of all levels to participate in the research and development of next generation of multispecific antibodies for Immuno-Oncology, inflammatory diseases and autoimmune diseases.
We are looking for a Team Lead in Protein Production for discovery projects. The successful candidate will have expertise and substantial experience in mammalian cell culture, antibody expression and purification, antibody characterization and a strong interest in developing biotherapeutics Immuno-Oncology and Autoimmune diseases.
- Establish a highly functioning protein technology group
- Lead protein production group to generate antigens and antibodies to support discovery research and support projects
- Utilize and develop novel technologies/methodologies to express and purify antigens including difficult to express proteins
- Implement and supervise protein purification automation
- Implement and supervise early protein analytics of innovative antibody formats
- Leverage mammalian antibody expression platforms to facilitate discovery research.
- Be an effective leader and mentor principal scientists, research officers and associates as well as work in multidisciplinary discovery team.
- Accomplish goals under project team timelines
- Interface with multiple discovery project and Matrix teams across the organization
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Structural/Molecular Biology, or related field with at least 6 years of relevant industrial experience in a similar role
- Extensive experience in leading a core group of scientists to make high quality proteins for in vitro and in vivo testing
- Strong knowledge and experience in making proteins and antibodies from multiple species
- Strong expertise in mammalian cell expression (HEK and CHO) and bispecific technologies is required
- Strong hands-on experience with multiple expression systems/formats (mammalian, insect, yeast, and E. coli) and purification media (affinity, ion-exchange, hydrophobic, size-exclusion chromatography) and automation is required
- Demonstrated ability to make complex antigens like multi-transmembrane receptors, oligomers, and difficult to express and purify proteins
- Demonstrated ability to generate proteins for x-ray crystallography and cryo-EM
- Experience in generating cell-lines (electroporation, viral transduction, transposons etc.) is also required
- Experience in evaluating antibody liabilities and formulations is highly desirable
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of antibody analytical methods
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary biologics discovery team
- Superior Project Management/Project Leadership skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and align internal and external stakeholders
Get in touch Luchele Mendes
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.