Posted on Feb 11, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client in Basel we are looking for Associate Scientist for a 12 months contract.
Job Title: Associate Scientist
BDSS QC Bioanalytics is responsible for bioanalytical testing of Biopharmaceuticals for late-phase development projects and commercial products. Applied analytical techniques are mainly cell-based potency assays for bioactivity determination and ELISA/qPCR for the determination of process-related impurities (eg host-cell proteins (HCP), residual Protein A, residual DNA).
We are looking for a motivated associate scientist to perform bioanalytical experiments (ie cell-based bioassays, ELISA and Q-PCR) for quality control (release, stability, and in-process control (IPC) testing) of biotech drug substances (DS) and drug products (DP) in collaboration with members of the own and cross-functional teams in a cGMP environment. Analytical method validation will be also part of the position.
* Planning and performing analytical experiments in a cGMP environment for release-, stability-, and in-process control (IPC) testing of drug substance and drug product samples (eg monoclonal antibody)
* Trending of results and assay performance parameters
* Validation and transfer of test methods
* Check of data and documentation
* Managing reagents (eg qualification, inventory and performance tracking)
* As instrument responsible person, perform the evaluation, initial qualification and the periodic functional testing of analytical instruments in accordance with cGMP
* Interacting with other groups within the company, eg the Development department or the respective production sites
1. Minimum of 3 years experience as Lab Technician or 1-4 years (for BSc).
2. Good knowledge of cGMP
3. Awareness for safe handling of chemicals, cell lines, potentially dangerous materials and equipment.
4. Adequate scientific or technical knowledge in a specific area (eg cell-based bioassays, cell culture, ELISA and Q-PCR).
5. Good knowledge of laboratory and/or technical tools.
6. Adequate knowledge of software and computer tools.
7. Basic presentation skills.
Language skills: Knowledge in German and English (spoken and written).
For more information please contact Barbara Tenerowicz:
E: (see below)