Network Operations Architect - Dynatrace
Posted on Feb 11, 2020 by IT Search & Selection
Individuals in the Principal Infrastructure Engineer position are responsible for the overall design of system and infrastructure architectures in their designated field. As such, they must have deep technical expertise in one or several hardware and software technologies. They will lead the advancement of solutions and improvements for the overall logical and technical IT architecture, using approved system engineering practices. They will provide technical leadership and consulting across the organization, from strategic decision making to project-level planning. They will gain organizational commitment for all high-level infrastructure plans and initiate and participate in projects to evaluate technologies and methods for implementing these plans. The Principal Infrastructure Engineer plays a critical role in leading infrastructure teams, mentoring other IE employees of all levels, and helping to grow future talent within the organization.
They will work closely with decision makers throughout the organization, including those at a high level, to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective information processing and communication technologies. They will identify opportunities for advancement and lead the execution of improving the IT infrastructure and IT systems. They will apply expert analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate, verify, communicate, and resolve highly complex systems/software applications and infrastructure issues.
- Has deep technical knowledge of one or several the following: operating platforms (Windows, UNIX, Linux, Active Directory,) networking, storage, and cloud technologies.
- Demonstrates leadership and interpersonal skills to direct, influence, and motivate within a matrixed organization.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on APM tools.
- Work with development teams to resolve performance issues.
- Able to lead large scale and complex initiatives, as well as highly technical teams.
- Has experience working in outsourced environments.
- Collaborates with end users and senior management to define business requirements for complex systems development and gain buy-in for all monitoring plans.
- Provides architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to IT and business partners.
- Develop new documentation including technical procedures and user guides.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of application performance testing.
- Develops, documents, communicates, and enforces a technology standards policy.
- Conducts research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts and recommends technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Work with our application architects, product managers, development engineers, and operations engineers in improving systems performance of the Group and its subsidies.
- Plan, support, create and implement system monitoring that will drive to improve the performance and reliability of multiple applications.
- Analyze system performance results, diagnose performance problems, and work with application teams to develop action plans based from performance testing results and performance monitoring data to meet and continuously improve the performance of platforms and internal/external integrations.
- Responsible for partnering with existing application and performance teams to incorporate best practices and influence new practices.
- Responsible for ensuring non-functional requirements for performance (such as throughput, latency, memory usage, etc.) are identified, implemented and met.
- Design, develop and execute overall automated Performance Test Plans to continuously validate load, stability, scalability, and reliability standards of the application are achieved.
- Create and maintain metrics and reports that describe performance issues and possible root causes.
- Coordinate with other testing teams to resolve test problems and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Design and execute performance and load tests.
- Automate performance and load test scripts/scenarios.
- Develop models for performance testing based on software activity.
- Identify and report performance bottlenecks.
- Leverages the performance of others through providing technical training and mentoring other team members.
- Capable of performing project management skills on multiple medium to large initiatives.
- Cultivates and disseminates knowledge of IT Infrastructure architecture, engineering and support best practices.
- Able to demonstrate outstanding communication, flexibility, teamwork and leadership
- Ability to consult with business partners to define key performance metrics,
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related field; or the equivalent unique education, specialized experience, skills, knowledge, or training
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with on-premises infrastructure and applications, cloud hosted Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service capabilities including virtual networks, virtual machines and data services.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience on administration of Experience Monitoring/Full Stack monitoring tools and on-boarding complex applications to enterprise APM tools
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with, but not limited to, .NET and Java/Java Web Services RESTful, WSDL, XML, JSON, and supporting integration and enabling access via API calls
- Job and/or industry related professional certifications are preferred
- Has proven experience in systems design and development
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Cloud-based load testing
- Administration experience with any of the following APM/Monitoring tools: AppDynamics, DynaTrace, IntroScope, TeaLeaf, Zabbix, OpTier, Splunk, SolarWinds, SCOM or similar tools
- Demonstrated ability in complex application frameworks and flows and assist with developing and implementing custom monitoring solutions
- Experience with performance data analysis, performance tuning, and performance monitoring for SaaS/Cloud based applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a creative thinker
- Ability to perform technical assessment, requirement capture and analysis, workload modelling, Scripting, test design, test execution
- dashboards or scorecards
- Ability to understand universal monitoring tools and processes
- Agile development processes experience
- Hands-on experience with Scripting languages and development tools
- Possesses exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrates superior written and oral communication skills
- Has excellent technical architecture and technical support documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills
- Advanced ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Has experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail