Finance DevOps Cloud Engineer
Posted on Feb 9, 2020 by MassMutual Wisconsin
Finance DevOps Engineer
Boston or Springfield, MA, Full-Time
Data Management & Architecture
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, were looking to hire a Cloud DevOps engineer to join our Corporate Finance data and analytics team.
Why we need you.
Were growing and our clients deserve the best. As a Cloud DevOps engineer, youll have an opportunity to work with the latest AWS cloud infrastructure, platform and software services (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS) manage our continuous-integration and continuous-delivery (CI/CD) pipeline on our AWS cloud-based data management platform. The primary objective of the data management platform is to onboard, process and serve MassMutuals corporate finance data to enable MassMutual CFO data strategy. The Cloud DevOps engineer is a core engineering role within the data-management team of the CFO organization and is charged managing our Cloud infrastructure and our CI/CD pipeline. The Cloud DevOps engineer must bring a deep technical background, must be well-versed in AWS Cloud technology, and should possess hands-on expertise in scripting languages, distributed-data-management technologies (Apache/open-source) and must possess expert level knowledge in Linux OS, SQL and Python. The DevOps engineers primary responsibility is to manage, support and enhance the underlying AWS infrastructure of the data management platform and to establish guardrails around our CI/CD pipeline.). In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
What success looks like.
- Develop and deploy project migration pipeline from Development to QA to Production environments end-to-end
- Develop project specific Git (Bitbucket) repositories and establish security and modularization to facilitate migration pipeline
- Develop Jenkins projects to ensure secure access
- Help establish appropriate active-directory (AD) groups
- Create our cloud-formation templates to manage the data-management platform infrastructure in AWS cloud
- Ensure appropriate containerization (Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes et al) is done to facilitate ongoing enhancements
- Exhibit some of key MassMutual core competencies as below:
- Accountability: Earn confidence and trust by demonstrating ownership, commitment and follow-through in achieving results.
- Agility: Manage priorities effectively and adapt quickly to
- achieve goals.
- Business Acumen: Build a deep understanding of business to guide decisions and actions that support strategy.
- Communication: Inform and influence others clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Courage: Are not afraid to speak up when it matters, ask tough questions, make decisions and/or admit when help is needed.
- Development: Exhibit curiosity and pursue learning opportunities.
What your days and weeks will include.
- Collaborate with our IT & Cloud site-reliability-engineering (SRE) teams to ensure best practices security measures are established and followed
- Publish Cloud onboarding guidelines to the engineering team
- Be a trusted engineer for the data management team in safeguarding the underlying Cloud infrastructure
- Collaborate with the engineering team to prioritize use-cases and deliver on them
- Follow agile development methodology to deliver timely solution
- Follow CICD (continuous-integration and deployment) pipeline to ensure seamless migration across development, QA and production environments
- Conduct periodic reviews with the larger IT and cloud engineering team to ensure alignment with standards
- Publish CICD standards and guidelines
The skills that make you a great fit.
- 8 or more years of experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Cloud infrastructure provisioning
- Hands-on experience for a minimum of 5 years in various flavors of Linux Operating Systems
- Hands-on experience for a minimum of 3 years in distributed-data-management technologies Apache Hadoop (AWS EMR), Spark, and Vertica preferred
- Hands-on experience for a minimum of 5 years in advanced SQL
- Hands-on coding experience in Python programming language
- Experienced in enabling and supporting data analysts in complex data science projects
- Deep proficiency in data architecture and data management principles traditional RDBMS, MPP appliances, columnar repositories and distributed-data technologies
- Experienced in agile & waterfall project-management methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree
- Degree in Computer Science preferred
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship.
Why Join Us.
Weve been around since 1851. During our history, weve learned a few things about making sure our customers are our top priority. In order to meet and exceed their expectations, we must have the best people providing the best thinking, products and services. To accomplish this, we celebrate an inclusive, vibrant and diverse culture that encourages growth, openness and opportunities for everyone. A career with MassMutual means you will be part of a strong, stable and ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits. And your voice will always be heard.
Recognized as a 2019 Worlds Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. Its more than our company structure its our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.