Storage Capabilities Manager
Posted on Feb 7, 2020 by Request Technology
*Permanent full time role*
A fortune 500 company is on the search for a Storage Capabilities Manager. This role will plan, direct, and drive execution of Network Attached Storage, object storage, backup/data protection, and archive platform activities. They need previous experience in a large enterprise environment and have managed multiple storage and backup platforms. This person will have 10-15 direct reports.
- Build long-term relationships within team and amongst peers by creating an environment of safety, innovation, integrity, and open communication.
- Model and create an environment of accountability for direct reports and peers
- Establish vision, direction and specific objectives for team efforts allowing individual freedom of action to accomplish objectives.
- Set and execute platform strategy, including objectives, plans and policies to develop and deliver innovative solutions and systems in support of Enterprise goals.
- Manage day to day work of direct reports by monitoring budgets, expenses and scope. Facilitate project delivery and support for complex storage and data protection projects of critical importance.
- Coordinate with decisions makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Drive decisions that have an impact on quality, availability and effectiveness of business activities beyond immediate teams.
- Initiate and implement continuous improvements in the storage and data protection platforms; including automation and self-service capabilities.
- Participate in long-term technology strategies that contribute to Company business and functional strategies
- Influence direct reports, clients, service providers and peers to successfully deliver on business goals and commitments.
- Direct and manage the life cycle of storage and data protection platforms
- Maintain relationships with storage and data protection vendors and partner with them to ensure they delivery goods and services that drive business efficiencies
- Background in Enterprise IT infrastructure management
- Storage and Data Protection experience
- Ability to plan work and mobilize team to meet objectives
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years of technical and people leadership.
- Experience leading or working in a geographically dispersed team environment.
- Experience working with enterprise level IT infrastructure platforms.