Cloud Development Ops Engineer
Posted on Feb 7, 2020 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Cloud Development Ops Engineer. This will be a contract to hire position that will last for 6 months and then move to a full time position. They are looking for an Azure DevOps engineer that can automate and integrate applications into the cloud. They need to have Powershell Scripting experience and have experience with Python, Golang, Terraform, Kubernetes, and Docker. This is an infrastructure DevOps engineer role.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design, implement, and provide support across Azure environments.
- Partner with network and security teams to implement structure, connectivity, and security of our cloud environments.
- Assist architects and designers in standardizing and automating system implementation/configuration.
- Develop CloudFormation scripts for TS's cloud environments.
- Assist with documentation of the environments that support our products.
- Analyze, optimize and troubleshoot cloud environments.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verify integrity/availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes. Review system and applications logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs.
- Install and configure new software releases, perform system upgrades, evaluate and install patches.
- Implement, maintain, and test disaster recovery to ensure proper security across corporate computing environment.
- Perform after hours production changes, as necessary, serve as subject matter expert to troubleshoot and rapidly resolve system problems and outages with minimal downtime.
- Bachelor's degree required; Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with Azure or higher-level certification preferred.
- 5+ years building operational systems for custom software applications.
- Provides subject matter expertise with ability to confidently resolve complex issues without escalation.
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery services.
- Advanced Windows and some Linux systems administration skills in a cloud environment.
- Expertise managing IAM accounts and policies.
- Extensive experience developing Cloud Formation Scripts.
- Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform knowledge.
- Strong Scripting skills with any of the following; PowerShell, Python, Perl, YAML, Golang etc.