DB Developer/Environment Manager
Posted on Feb 7, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
Overview of business area or project:
The Collateral Trading Services IT team is part of International Trading Solutions IT department, a joint venture between the International Wealth Management and Global Markets divisions. The team is responsible for the development of applications and software solutions to support the Securities Lending & Borrowing and Repo trading within Switzerland and Asia Pacific.
- Develop and maintain Sybase database queries and stored procedures
- Develop and maintain SQLServer database queries and stored procedures
- Develop and maintain data feeds to downstream systems and processing of feeds from upstream systems
- Develop and maintain batch jobs written in Perl and PowerShell
- Maintenance and documentation of database schema
- Documentation of batch jobs and processes
- Development and maintenance of reports and Crystal reporting template
- Help capture business requirements in the form of User Stories
- Support the test team in testing activities
- Assist the 3rd level support team on high priority support incidents which have been escalated to app. Dev
- Request and provision new environments at all stages (development, test, production)
- Prepare and deploy release packages to UAT environments
- Prepare release documentation, ensure that release candidates meet the requirements of the change approval board (CAB) and present change requests at the approval board on a regular basis
- Collaborate with off-shore IT development team based in Poland and India
- Work directly with Business users at all levels on small projects such as report development and enhancements
Overview of the department/team (team size, backgrounds, personalities):
The development team consists of 8 resources in Zurich, Switzerland (developers, business analysts and project Managers) and 7 developers in Wroclaw, Poland. With plans to grow by an additional 3 resources in Zurich and 20 in India by end 2020.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
This multi-faceted role would suit an all-rounder with interests in all phases of the development life cycle. Hence it presents the challenge to understand and master many technical skills as well as administration and process control.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Expert knowledge of MS SQLServer or Sybase ASE as a developer.
- Ability to performance tune SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Good working knowledge of either Linux Shell and Perl Scripting languages or PowerShell and Windows Server
- Fluent in English
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience of developing IT projects within a banking firm
- Experience of environment management
- Knowledge of .NET C# or VB.NET
- Knowledge of Securities Lending, Repo and Collateral trading
- Prior experience of JIRA
- Prior experience of GiT, DevOps, CI/CD
- Agile project delivery
- SQLServer Analysis Services
- Crystal Reports
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will be working closely with business users and therefore has the opportunity to gain strong business knowledge and subject matter expertise in the Securities Lending and Repo area of Global Markets.
The candidate will also have the opportunity to help on-board some application components on to the firm's new deployment pipeline processes and will therefore gain exposure to continuous integration and deployment practices aligned to DevOps principles.
If you think this could be the right role for you, please feel free to apply online or please contact Agnieszka Wojcik directly ( (see below) ).