DB Developer, Global Bank, Zurich
Posted on Feb 7, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
My Client is a Global Swiss Bank with an enviable reputation. Due to some internal growth they are currently seeking a DB Developer/Environment Manager for an initial 12 months to be based in Zurich.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain Sybase database queries and stored procedures
- Develop and maintain SQLServer database queries and stored procedures
- Develop and maintain data feeds to downstream systems and processing of feeds from upstream systems
- Develop and maintain batch jobs written in Perl and PowerShell
- Maintenance and documentation of database schema
- Documentation of batch jobs and processes
- Development and maintenance of reports and Crystal reporting templates
- Help capture business requirements in the form of User Stories
- Support the test team in testing activities
The successful incumbent will possess:
- Expert knowledge of MS SQLServer or Sybase ASE as a developer.
- Ability to performance tune SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Good working knowledge of either Linux Shell and Perl Scripting languages or PowerShell and Windows Server
- Fluent in English
If the candidate possesses previous experience of developing IT projects within a banking firm/Experience of environment management/Knowledge of .NET C# or VB.NET/Knowledge of Securities Lending, Repo and Collateral trading/Prior experience of JIRA/Prior experience of GiT, DevOps, CI/CD/Agile project delivery/SQLServer Analysis Services/Crystal Reports this would be highly advantageous.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.