Posted on Feb 7, 2020 by Networkers
Our client based in Brussels, Belgium is requiring a Service Manager with excellent ITIL knowledge to support key information systems for end users.
The IT unit develops, maintains and supports in terms of end user assistance (helpdesk, training, documentation and communication) for workflow IT systems' tools.
The main development tools for the IT systems are Oracle RDBMS/SQL, JAVA/J2EE (BEAWEBLogic), and Activiti for workflow management.
For the management and control of the IT systems' development life cycle the IBM Rational tool set is used, namely RQM, RTC and RFT, and in the near future JIRA.
The recording and follow-up of incidents and problems reported by all users of the IT systems above, internal or external, is managed by the organisation's service management tool SMT. For incident and problem reporting and related statistics Business Objects (BO) is used.
The tools used for the administrative procedure guide, application documentation and collaborative end user communication (GoFund wiki) are CAMTASIA, Atlassian Confluence, Drupal, the ADOBE ACROBAT tool set and open source multimedia software.
The above list of IT tools is not exhaustive and is subject to change according to the changing requirements of the Commission's IT environment.
NATURE OF TASKS
* User guidance and support regarding the use of information systems/ICT tools, by phone and e-mail
* Management and follow-up of incidents, problems and impediments related to information systems
* Monitoring of recurrent issues and known workarounds
* Mastering of information sites and maintenance of the unit's knowledge base
* Provide training and knowledge transfer for the other support lines
* Follow-up of service quality in the context of incident, problem and impediment management
* Coordination with the project teams
* Participation in user, service and project meetings
* Depending on the circumstances, the expert may be requested to provide assistance or support in the resolution of production issues
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Proven knowledge in end user assistance or support of information systems, especially in the context of business workflow applications
* Good knowledge of private and/or public sector financial circuit management support is an asset
* Excellent knowledge of ITIL
* Good IT skills
* Knowledge of IS knowledge base maintenance
* Excellent communication/writing skills.
* Good knowledge of the office automation tools used in the Commission (MS Office)
* Good reporting methods.
* Good command of the English language is mandatory
* Ability to apply high quality standards
* Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills.
* Capability of working in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team; leadership capability.
* Able to cope with the needs of multi-language site deployment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Master's level or 5 years of higher education
* Minimum of 5 years of professional experience for level 1
* Good knowledge of specific support tools or techniques and documentation writing in the context of business workflow application end user support and assistance
Contract for an initial 12 months paying in the region of £450 per day (depending on experience) through a Limited Company. FTC rates also available.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.