WMS System Administrator
Posted on Feb 7, 2020 by The Royak Group Inc.
As Manhattan WMS System Administrator II in the Technical Operations organization, the ideal candidate will become part of the team responsible for the complete life cycle and management of Warehouse, Labor Management and Slotting at company. This includes, but is not limited to administration, planning, implementation, maintenance coordination, configuration (both pre and post), and management of applications and Middleware.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Install software and create the necessary environments. Configure all environments to each application specific requirement.
- Day to day install, configuration and administration of applications and Middleware.
- Proactively performance tunes each environment as well as reactively troubleshoots problems that occur, in order to ensure maximum uptime and tuning.
- Identification and resolution of hardware, software and database issues within the WMS applications, which directly impact production services.
- Working directly with the WMS Operations/Oracle DBA Teams for scheduled upgrades, modifications, patches and enhancements to the 3rd party Application/Web Servers, as well as provide input into long term database requirements and operational guidelines, with a focus on improving the performance and minimize downtime.
- Implementation of monitoring procedures, standards and policies related to Application/Web Servers management.
- 24x7 on-call; this requires functional knowledge of all production systems and subsystems outside of the database layer in order to facilitate on-call support.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with other team members, clients (application developers) and vendors (other technology teams). Creating regular status reports is one form of communication used.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Computer Skills and/or Experience:
- 3+ years System Administration experience in Manhattan WMS Application & Web Servers (IIS and Apache) Clustering environment
- UNIX skills - HPUX and Linux experience preferred, strong Scripting ability
- Oracle and basic SQL skills.
- Experience in Supply chain Management
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, conducive to team development, work under own initiative
- Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills, multitask and deliver under tight deadlines
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Networking experience (TCP/IP, Database Connectivity (JDBC, ODBC, etc.) in Java to database connectivity environments preferred