SQL Server Engineer (ETL) For Large Bank in Amsterdam
Posted on Feb 7, 2020 by Levy Associates Ltd
Senior SQL Server and .NET Developer to process financial data
What are we looking for?
Within the COO/Group Services/Risk organisation, the Asset & Liability Management (ALM) team is looking for a senior Designer and Developer to fully re-design the current Data Staging Area, and to integrate currently separate ETL flows. The senior Designer and Developer needs to be 'hands-on', capable to oversee complex data flow structures and needs to be experienced with large data volumes.
Main services delivered by you are:
- Set up a step by step approach, and fully re-design the current Data Staging Area, in the following way:
- Improve and simplify data loads and ETL processes, despite of differences and variety in country data
- Design, develop, configure and test secure software automation solutions in SQL Server (and where applicable C#)
- Change data flows, tables, and interfaces, make existing data flows more transparent. Work towards a simple and robust solution with functionality to identify and analyse unexpected differences in data in an early stage. Together with one colleague developer/DBA-er, improve maintainability and performance of the Data Staging Area
- High performance
- Carry out a senior engineer role, eg:
- With help of business experts, analyse, understand and get the overview of how monthly financial data and financial products are processed, translate functional requirements into technical solutions
- If requested, advice business or operation colleagues eg at identifying root causes for incidents related to data errors. Give advice about the data to be processed to architects and other developers at a current project to set up a BI layer to improve reporting.
- Minimum of 7 years of extensive experience with MS SQL Server
- Extensive experience with ETL, including experience with large data volumes and use of SSIS
- Relevant experience with C# (.Net)
- Hands-on and pro-active attitude
- Capable to keep oversight of complex processes in a constantly changing environment, and capable to slice work into steps and can work accordingly
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and are willing to learn and understand the world of financial risk. You are able to peel down technical problems, and doing so, you develop new insights.
- You can explain complex matters in a simple way
- You are fluent in English
- You are a team player
- Preferably you are experienced in, or at least you are interested in the following:
- Database version control
- SSRS, and SSAS
- LDAP/Active Directory to grant end users with particular roles/permissions to analyse data processing results
- Processing financial data, eg related to market risk or interest rate risk & liquidity risk management
SQL Amsterdam Engineer IT Amsterdam IT SQL Server Engineer (ETL) For Large Bank in Amsterdam