SAP Development Support Consultant
Posted on Feb 7, 2020 by The Right Staff
Based : Various UK offices
Our Application Support Development Consultants are involved in the delivery of Support, Enhancements and Projects across our customer base. You will be closely linked to our wider Development Team, working with them to further develop your skills and experience.
You will ensure the design and realisation of technical solutions are fit for purpose and delivered against stated business requirements. You will confidently write, debug and analyse ABAP code in line with customer requirements and standards.
Application Support Development consultants are required to complete development estimates, carry out problem resolution of issues raised by customers and to create technical specs and documentation.
- Ability to perform the role of Application Support Development Consultant on SAP Support, Enhancements and Projects
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the Customer and Client organisations
- Design and implement best practise SAP ABAP solutions appropriate to Customer requirements and standards
- Manage Enhancements and Incidents through to completion adhering to Client and Customer standards.
- Delivery of complex solutions across a variety of different industry sectors
- Create, Release and document transports as per customer requirements
- Keep up to date with SAP capabilities within the SAP ABAP arena
- Develop familiarity with client operations
- Fosters and maintain good relationships with customers and colleagues to meet expected customer service levels
- Any other reasonable duty or request
Desired skills & experience:
- Solid SAP ABAP experience gained in an end user or consulting environment
- Good knowledge of ABAP programming and best practices.
- Minimum of 2-3 years working within either an SAP ABAP project or support environment.
- Strong awareness of SAP modules with expertise in at least one, ideally SD/MM
- Experience in a range of areas such as IDOCs, ALE, ALV reporting, ABAP Objects, BDC, Interfacing, Dialogue Processes, Userexits, BAPIs, BADIs, SAPScripts, SMARTFORMS, UI5, JAVA, Cloud.
- PI knowledge an advantage
Contact Name: Mark
Reference: TJ/9209/MA SAP SD MM Development