IT Business Partner - Construction Industry
Posted on Feb 7, 2020 by Nexere Consulting Limited
We are recruiting for an IT Business Partner for a large organisation where IT is currently transitioning globally and strengthening its position to ensure it is able to adapt to changing demands from the business and to operate decisively in executing IT projects and business transition projects.
An experienced IT Business Partner with a proven background in this type of role, working within the Construction or Civil Engineering Sector ideally, will be the main point of contact, at a strategic level, within the organisation for the entire IT service provision and you will help to translate the business needs into IT requirements. You will work alongside the specialist teams in the IT department to ensure solutions are available to support business requirements and you will help the business look to the future from an IT perspective to achieve its strategy.
You will be responsible for the continuous development of the information provision and digitalisation of the organisation and will setup the Digital Information Services function.
To be effective in this role, you will have:
- Strong background in IT Business Partner OR IT Relationship type roles.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- The ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organisation with ease.
- The ability to understand your stakeholders' interests, processes and information requirements along with their objectives, strategic developments and priorities
- A good knowledge of the Construction sector, giving you credibility to be a trusted advisor' on digitalisation to help realise added value in our business operations
You will find it natural to work in a collaborative manner and will comfortably coordinate with the stakeholders of other business units within the company, including identifying and further developing potential synergies. You will also work closely with Enterprise Architects and the Application Services (devops) teams as well as Strategic IT Delivery teams working on large IT projects.
We are looking for a proactive and ambitious IT Business Partner, qualified to degree level in a relevant subject.
- You will have at least 7 years' relevant work experience and will demonstrable affinity with process and information analysis, experience with Scaled Agile processes such as Safe or Less will be an advantage.
- Your excellent interpersonal skills will allow you to develop relationships within the organisation which allow you to constrictively challenge the business to achieve the best solutions. You will feel comfortable working both independently and within a team.
The role can be based in any of the following locations and will involve travel to all of them: Hemel Hempstead, London, Manchester, Solihul