Senior/Lead Cloud Engineer - £100-120k base (+ bonus)
Posted on Feb 7, 2020 by Etonwood
As a Lead Cloud Engineer you will have spent time building shared capabilities in cloud, Landing Zones and have also spent some time architecting solutions, defining technical tasks and estimates required to implement a design, translating client business requirements into a technical design with little oversight. In addition, you will provide consultancy services on design and implementation for cloud migration or cloud native solutions. Paramount for the role is that you can design and implement automation pipelines for deployment into AWS (Azure and/or Google would be a plus).
- Champion new products
- Automate, automate, automate.
- Develop and refine tools, procedures and workflows that create consistency and stability for our internal operations and customer experience.
- Discuss ideas at a high level and use your technical ability to follow through and implement them.
- Review and research potential new products, presenting them to the wider team to highlight their potential. Be a champion for projects
- Be comfortable working in a fluid environment where requirements and priorities may change at short notice. Be prepared to be the cause of that change.
- Continually think about the root causes of issues, and where necessary, stop and re-evaluate a project with the team to ensure it doesn't just address the symptoms of a problem.
- Coordinate with different teams to ensure that work is achieved effectively. Document and communicate your work
- Effectively communicate with other departments to highlight the goals of new and existing projects and their ongoing progress.
Essential experience of the Senior Cloud Engineer includes:
- Demonstrable Cloud service provider experience - infrastructure build and configurations of a variety of services
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP). Certifications would be a plus.
- Hands-on experience with design and implementation on cloud native solutions with emphasis on Network, Identify and Access Management, Programmable infrastructure Even logging, Resource monitoring and Secret Management.
- Hands-on experience with design and implementation of production grade infrastructure as code solution using one or more tools: Bitbucket, Terraform, Ansible, Hashicopr Vault/Consul, Jenkins, Python, Powershell.
- Experience working on a SDLC environment for infra as code, leveraging segreagation of duties and tagging of the code to promote safely and driven by automated testing.
- Knowledge of Data Serialisation Languages (JSON, YAML)
- Knowledge and Understanding of Networking Technologies
- Strong Sysadmin and development skills
- Automation and Config Management Skills (Ansible)