Java Software Engineer/Agile
Posted on Feb 7, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Permanent Full time role*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Java Software Engineer. Candidate will participate in iteration planning meetings ensuring that the team has a common understanding of each duties.
- Leads & Participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team stand-ups
- Participates in retrospectives to gather feedback and derive actionable items to improve the team and the product
- Participate in executing the strategy, keeping the customer needs and wants in mind
- Provides input into the architecture and design of the product; collaborating with the team in solving problems the right way
- Practices daily collaborative programming and test driven development in writing software and building products
- Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices
- Provides support for software products in user environments
- Participates in knowledge sharing and contributes to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of the Software Engineer community.
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- 2-5 years of developing and implementing systems.
- Strong understanding of computer science concepts, object-oriented programming.
- Basic understanding of distributed systems, operating systems, networking, databases, security, and analytics
- Knowledge of NodeJS, Webpack, Babel
- Experience in a Modern Front End Framework (ie React, Angular, Vue), Responsive Design, Single Page Apps, HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of developing REST APIs including service discovery/registration, testing and management; experience using API gateways a plus
- Experience in Back End database development (relational/NoSQL) and optimization.
- Knowledge of modern Database software s like SQL, Redis, Mongo DB, etc is a plus.
- Experience in Test Driven Development; including knowledge in atleast one of testing frameworks like JUnit, mockito, Jest, jasmine, protractor, cucumber, and other like technologies is a plus
- Able to learn new technologies.
- Able to work effectively across organizational and geographical boundaries