Senior Systems/Azure Engineer
Posted on Feb 7, 2020 by MCG - Midwest Consulting Group
- The Senior IT Systems/Azure Engineer provides support, engineering and design for IT systems and services, delivering a highly available, well-performing, scalable, optimized and cost-effective applications and platforms for the company's IT services.
- Neovia Logistics leverages advanced IT infrastructure, which includes Azure, Microsoft Lync/Skype voice and published desktops leveraging Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) leveraging technologies from Citrix, Microsoft, iGel and Cisco as well as published applications such as SAP accessed from warehouse and corporate facilities around the world.
- Completely independent: Serves as technical lead for design and delivery for small-to-medium cross-regional and/or cross-continent projects and may assist with assigning day-to-day responsibilities. Relied upon to share continuous improvement ideas.
- Engineer and support global enterprise applications, Servers and related technologies.
- Work with IT technology leaders, business partners and service providers to determine, deploy and enforce standards.
- Azure/Office 365 ("Azure Engineer ) is to create and deploy Azure solutions for customer projects. Development of new cloud product offerings, improvements to processes and products, and automation are also required
- Deliver technology leadership for hardware and software related to provisioning, allocation and support of Servers, storage and networks in a virtual desktop and application publishing environment.
- Provide technical design addressing operations, security, stability, and continuous improvements for applications, Servers and information system platforms such as:
- Experience with Azure environments and topologies, all aspects
- Migrate and deploy various customer workloads to Azure
- Azure security and monitoring solutions implementation, including automated responses
- Tools and Automation (Scripting)
- Project and design documentation
- Resilience, Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
Perform responsibilities and adhere to established protocol relative to:
- Capacity planning and management
- Vendor and contract management
- Forecasting and planning
- Invoice review and analysis
- Financial analysis and budgeting (zero based budgeting, cost-benefit analysis, capital, expenses, etc.)
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) oversight (publish, remediate gaps, etc.
- Participate in quality process pertaining to network services such as Root Cause Analysis (RCA), and Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA).
- Ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service and tangible outputs. Rely on industry standards, best practices, and qualitative & quantitative data to support and/or refine operations methodologies.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned, including overnight and international travel.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or an equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience.
- 5+ years of IT experience.
- At least 5 years' experience in IT Systems Engineering.
- At least 3 years client-facing experience, working closely with business teams and customers.
- Experience working with global service providers is preferred.
- Active engineering level certifications on enterprise platforms.
- Preferred .not required .Enterprise support experience with voice and data networks in support of advanced technologies such as wireless, mobility/presence, Microsoft - Lync/Skype, Windows Server, Active Directory, Office 365, VMware vSphere, IBM AIX, Linux, Citrix XenServer/App/Desktop, SAN, and NAS.
- Advanced knowledge of network management tools.