Principal Research and Development Engineer
Posted on Feb 7, 2020 by Real Staffing Group
Job title: Principal Research and Development Engineer
Location: Parkmore, Galway
Benefits: Work with a leading Medical Device multinational, Excellent salary, Pension, Healthcare, Yearly bonus, on site Gym and subsidized canteen.
Global leader in medical technology, services and solutions, Medtronic improves the lives and health of millions of people each year. Parkmore Business Park West facility features a Centre of Excellence for Operations and R&D to support Global Cardiac & Vascular Businesses, as well as a Customer Innovation Centre.
* Continually identify and assess opportunities for device, technology & process development.
* Work from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype
* Provide leadership in technical innovation across the department.
* Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process.
* Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with working designs.
* Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally.
* Continually contribute to generation of intellectual property
* Coach, mentor and delegate work to less experienced engineers
* Partake in cross site Technical Forums and build a network within the technical community
* Define and implement strategic goals in the technical community in line with the business unit strategy.
* Design, develop, analyze, troubleshoot and provides technical skills during research and/or product development.
* Design studies to investigate specific life science questions within field of expertise.
* May be involved in product research and development and/or clinical trials.
* Translates research discoveries into usable and marketable products.
Key skills and experience:
. Qualified person with a minimum of Degree level 8 in Engineering or related discipline with a minimum 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience - additional relevant qualifications may be advantageous.
. Dynamic team player and leader that can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
. Extensive medical device product development experience and a strong proven track record in innovation and project/program management.
If you are interested in applying or hearing more about my client and this position forward your up to date CV and we can have a call to discuss further.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales