Change Management Consultant (OCM)
Posted on Feb 6, 2020 by Kryptos Technologies Ltd
Change Management Consultant
EU OCM Lead Consultant - Role Description & Responsibilities
This role supports the change management and training activities associated with an enterprise wide ERP implementation
The OCM Lead Consultant will play a key role in helping projects (change initiatives) meet business, timeline and budget objectives.
This person will focus on the people side of change - including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. The primary focus will be developing and executing change management plans that minimize employee resistance and maximize employee engagement.
The OCM Lead Consultant will work to drive faster adoption, greater ultimate utilization and higher proficiency on the changes impacting employees in the organization such that business results are achieved.
The primary job of the OCM Lead Consultant will be to ensure the programs introduced into the organization help to further the organizational objectives and fit in completely with its corporate vision and mission. The program change initiative within the organization will include changes to technology and systems, changes to business processes and changes in organizational structure and job roles.
While the OCM Lead Consultant does not have supervisory responsibility, this person will need to work with many others in the organization to succeed. The OCM Lead Consultant will act as a coach for senior leaders and executives in helping them fulfil the role of change sponsor. The OCM Lead Consultant will also support project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans. Finally, the OCM Lead Consultant may provide direct support and coaching to front-line managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions.
- Create a structured change management implementation plan so that there is consistency in adopting change across employees, roles, departments and the organization - the plan should cover change management, training and communications
- Identify the most expected and potential points of resistance to change. Develop counter strategies to reduce the resistance and address the doubts and uncertainty surrounding the change to foster a positive acceptance of change
- Create specific change management plans with respect to training and orientation of employees. Training will lead to the path of least resistance to change and maximum utilization of the new initiatives for the company.
- Develop a role based training plan leveraging a proven content development approach
- Work closely with client resources to develop detailed training schedules and participant lists
- Work closely with the UPK lead to develop a UPK development plan
- Monitor and provide frequent status of change management and training activities
- Previous change management experience (5-10 years), Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts, ERP related change management experience is a plus.
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process; experience with ADKAR and PROSCI certification is a plus
- Understanding of phases and project management approaches of an ERP project life cycle.
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Strong analytic, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Must be a team player and able to work with and through others.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Change Management Professional (CMP) designation is a plus.