Posted on Feb 6, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
A Pega CSSA is urgently required for a long-term, lucrative freelance assignment with a market leading client based in Dublin, Ireland.
The Pega CSSA will IDEALLY have 70%+ of the following skills and experience:
- Strong recent hands-on experience of Pega
- Pega CSSA certification
- Knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organisational goals
- Some background with Java/J2EE, Object Oriented programming
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- Proven hands-on application development experience in large enterprise class environment
- Excellent understanding of integration with third party APIs (Web services, JSON, REST, XML etc.)
- Proficiency in development and deployment using WebSphere
- Good understanding on database design and query optimization
- Experience with progressive development practices and tools (eg unit testing, static code analysis, continuous integration, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing documentation, training users in complex topics
- Agile experience
The Pega CSSA will be responsible for activities including:
- Analysis, design, development, debugging, testing, documentation, deployment and provision of production support applications using skills in Java, J2EE, Pega, Oracle
- Work with product owner and Cyber security operations on refining business requirements and acceptance criteria
- Understand business workflow requirements from Cyber Operations team/Business Analysts and implement in Java/J2EE and Pega platform as part of an agile team
- Implement test-driven development, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Integration practices and adhere to relevant software development process.
- Assist team in supporting the application in QA and production environments
- Identify opportunities for process and tool improvements; drive them from concept to implementation
- Keep up to date with the latest development practices and road map of Pega
- Interact with business and cross block teams, identifying application impacts, interface design and technical specification design documentation
- Project scoping, release management, build planning, technical documentation and status reporting
- Ensure all quality standards are followed for the deliverables through code metrics checks, code reviews, unit and regression testing. Support quality assurance, performance and business user acceptance testing phases
- Lead the team on initiatives to revamp the underlying technology and application infrastructure to make it compliant with enterprise wide controls and policies.
- This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
Please get in touch for immediate consideration.