Posted on Feb 6, 2020 by Strategic Resources Inc (SRI)
Strategic Resources, Inc. (SRI) is an international, ISO 9001:2015 Certified, CMMI Level 3 Rated full service provider with more than 31 years' experience in the Federal, military, and commercial marketplaces is seeking an experienced Network Administrator having a Secret clearance and CompTIA Security+ (no exceptions).
A Sign-on Bonus is available.
Overview: The Network Administrator will support a team of Network Administrators in delivering technical services for the IT infrastructure and operational network maintained by the Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG) Regional Network Enterprise Center (RNEC).
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Conduct system/network maintenance and troubleshooting
- Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems as necessary
- Secure network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation
- Analyze network traffic, access, information, and enforces security requirements
- Program network devices (as directed) to include interface configuration and routing protocols
- Provide hardware and software upgrades and maintenance
- Respond to TCTO/TCNO/IAVA/NOTAM actions and support
- Perform other tasks as required to ensure operational mission success of the NEC
- Assist with the development of monthly metrics reports and CDRLs for the government customers
- Complete CCNA skillport training within 6 months of job start if required
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
- High School diploma is required; Bachelor's degree in a computer science related discipline is preferred
- Five (5) years of related experience providing Network Administration support; at least 2 years of the experience must be within a DoD network
- Must possess and maintain a CompTIA Security+ certification
- Highly qualified candidates will possess a Cisco CCENT or CCNA certification
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and research, and analytical skills
- Experience working in military environment (preferred)
- Ability to take responsibility and ownership for a problem
- Possess an working understanding of Government security policies and the Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes is required
Security Clearance Requirements: Must have a current and active Secret clearance based on favorable results from an OPM T3 (or similar) National Background Investigation. Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
Bending, Lifting, Reaching, Sitting, Standing, Typing
Aberdeen Proving Grounds
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.