Business Systems Support Officer
Posted on Feb 6, 2020 by ITech Consult
Business Systems Support Analyst
Our client provides management and support services to circa 25 programmes in the areas of Social Inclusion and Equality, Inclusive Employment and Enterprise, and Early Years and Young People.
They are looking for a Business Systems Support Officer.
You will be responsible for the maintenance and support of our client's ICT Business Systems. The role will focus on providing level 1/2 support to all users of our client's systems. A core focus of the role will be on providing effective support to our client's Early Years Systems, specifically the Early Years Platform.
* Provide dedicated first and second level technical support to both internal/external users of our client's ICT Systems through:
(a) Telephone support
(b) Online Support/Service Desk
(c) Desk based assistance
(d) Business Systems project roll out etc.
* This will include the logging of issues, establishing severity levels, analysing and resolving in accordance to agreed service levels, follow up and ensuring effective closure.
* Develop and maintain System Support standards and procedures and other documentation as required.
* Write and maintain system documentation to support the handover from systems development to operational support.
* Analyse call logs to spot trends and underlying issues. Document system problems and resolutions for future reference.
* Maintain the knowledge base for all System Troubleshooting Guides/How To manuals
* Assist in the training and induction of staff on ICT Business Systems to increase user adoption.
* Contribute to process development and best practice. Seek new ways to improve systems and processes.
* Liaise with the development team to resolve issues and to progress into system deployment
* Work closely with our client's Level 2 and Level 3 support teams when necessary
* Liaise with 3rd party system support vendors as required
* Support system testing where applicable
* Any other duties that may be assigned within the general requirements of the role.
* Communication skills - Level 3
* Analytical skills - Level 3
* Attention to detail - Level 3
* Team work - Level 3
* Customer Service & Support - Level 3
* Flexibility & adaptability - Level 3
* Problem solving & decision making - Level 3
* Organisation awareness - Level 3
* 2+ Years working within a business systems/application support role
* Strong organisation and problem-solving skills
* A high level of computer literacy particularly with Microsoft Products, Dynamics CRM, SharePoint, Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
* Relevant Third Level qualification (eg Certificate, Diploma), or equivalent
Nice to Have(s):
* Knowledge of workings of the community/voluntary/public sector
* Understanding of Irish language
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918986FK
Role: Business Systems Support Engineer
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.