Linux Systems Administrator - Dublin
Posted on Feb 6, 2020 by E-Frontiers
The main focus of this role is the ongoing support and maintenance of the Server Systems that underpin the foreign exchange trading services provided by the client. These services are located at remote sites in Multiple Locations worldwide and run on a 24*7 basis. They are mission critical in terms of on-going operation. As the company moves into other verticals there are also nonfinancial systems that also need to be supported including key systems from our Marketing Cloud Environment based mainly in AWS.
This role is part of a small - highly skilled technical team with responsibility for the maintenance and support of these systems.
The company also deploy a number of internal Linux systems for Development and test purposes. This role includes the maintenance and support of these systems as a secondary function.
Reporting to the Head of Technical Services, the successful applicant will be part of a team supporting our Datacentre, Cloud and Internal Development environment.
- Design, Configuration, Support and Maintenance of Linux Services to SLA.
- Develop the processes/procedures as part of a continuous improvement approach to System and Service Delivery.
- Work as part of highly skilled technical team reporting to the Head of Technical Services.
- Interaction with support teams globally in other offices.
- Work in an audited (SSAE18) environment using ITIL best practices.
- Provide out-of-hours on-call support for the Unix Services that you provide.
- Help maintain the internally hosted and cloud based Linux Systems.
Core Technical Competencies
- 6 Years Linux Administration - Red Hat Enterprise 6/7 preferably but relevant experience with other Linux distributions would also be considered.
- Cloud experience (mainly AWS) an advantage. FD systems are a blend of onsite and cloud based.
- Scripting Experience (Python, Ruby, Unix Shell Scripts)
- Load Balancing Technologies - working knowledge.
- Experience working within an ITIL environment.
- Experience in Administering EMC VNX SANs.
- Familiarity with multi-tier web deployed systems,
- Capacity Management.
- Backup solutions - a working knowledge of Amanda' advantageous.
- Proficient in troubleshooting hardware issues (mainly Dell and EMC )
- A knowledge of any of the following would be beneficial: Apache Tomcat configuration, dB+, Nagios, Windows Server, VPNs and stunnels.
Core Business Competencies
- Responsible Individual who will take ownership of their domain and be prepared to stand over the service provided.
- Ability to work well in a small technical team working from multiple locations.
- Operations background with solid understanding of process driven, best practice service delivery.
- Ability to operate at Customer Contact level.
- Good communications and leadership skills.
- Service and Customer based focus.
- Competitive starting salary
- Bonus 5%
- Pension 5% matched
- Death in Service (4 x salary)
- Holidays negotiable