Software Engineer- Embedded C/CC++
Posted on Feb 6, 2020 by berryrowan Recruitment Solutions Ltd
Software Engineer Embedded C/CC++
Portishead, Nr Bristol
Permanent Full-time position
Circa £55,000, plus superb benefits and working environment
Award winning, highly innovative engineering company who provide high end distribution products and service solutions for global industries are seeking an experienced C/CC++ Software Engineer.
With a proven track record dealing with complex mature projects to undertake the definition, development, testing and modification of software products in support of the company's research and development activities and commercial deliveries.
Based in Portishead, the Software Engineer will also produce technical documentation in accordance with company procedures and provide support and mentoring to less experienced Software Developers/Engineers.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Software Engineer with broad experience working as part of an engineering team in a development environment with a detailed understanding and appreciation for software development principles.
A very exciting time to join the business, this role will provide an excellent opportunity to be part of a dedicated and dynamic team and make a real contribution to the growth of the business.
General Responsibilities of the Software Engineer include:-
- Define and develop software products and solutions to customer requirements.
- Generate software product/system design documentation in accordance with company procedures, including (but not limited to) specifications, test procedures, block diagrams, schematics, manuals, Application Programming Interface (API) or any other documentation required for deliverables.
- Provide verbal and written progress reports to all levels of management within the business.
- Evaluate current and new software technologies as well as their potential benefits and use case applications through research and testing.
- Support the preparation and filing of patent disclosures/applications by identifying novel technology and writing the initial idea descriptions.
- Support Agile software development processes as part of the development team.
- Define product/system testing, evaluation philosophies and modification plans to be undertaken by self and/or others.
- Generate and agree project specifications, budgets and timescales with internal and external customers (as appropriate).
- Produce quotes, technical marketing material and engage with customers, as and when required.
- Coordinate, plan and manage testing and commissioning, both on and off-site.
- Identify relevant international standards and best practice guidelines applicable to the development of new products/systems and ensure compliance.
- Review development work as part of sprint iterations.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to co-ordinate the transfer of new products/systems into commercial solutions.
- Lead pair programming code development sessions.
- Disseminate Software development good practice
- Provide support and mentoring to less experienced Software Developers/Engineers.
- Approve and release code to the "master branch" and manage the deployment of code to the production environment.
- Provide technical oversight to internal development teams and external contractors.
- Maintain current knowledge of competitive technologies as related to company products, systems and solutions.
- Act as design authority for company software products and solutions.
- Write conference papers, magazine articles and prepare presentation material.
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject
- Ability to think about the big picture
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- 26 Days Holiday
- Private Medical Healthcare Scheme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Profit Related Bonus
Berry Rowan Recruitment Solutions are acting as independent Recruiters in respect of this role. All third party applications will be forwarded to Berry Rowan.
Key words: C/CC++, Software Engineer, Embedded
Please click below to apply to Jeanette