Software Engineer - Python
Posted on Feb 6, 2020 by berryrowan Recruitment Solutions Ltd
Software Engineer - Python
Portishead, Nr Bristol
Permanent Full-time position
Circa £35,000, plus superb benefits and working environment
Award winning, highly innovative engineering company who provide high end distribution products and service solutions for global industries are seeking a Python Software Engineer to undertake the development, testing and modification of software products in support of the company's research and development activities and commercial deliveries.
Based in Portishead, Nr Bristol the Software Engineer will be a competent Python user with application software development experience along with experience of data analytics and the ability to produce technical documentation in accordance with company procedures
The successful candidate will be an experienced Python Software Engineer with broad experience working as part of an engineering team in a development environment with a detailed understanding and appreciation for software development principles. Occasional travel to client/supplier sites will be required.
A very exciting time to join the business, this role will provide an excellent opportunity to be part of a dedicated and dynamic team and make a real contribution to the growth of the business.
General Responsibilities of the Software Engineer include:-
- Develop software products and solutions to customer requirements.
- Generate software product/system design documentation in accordance with company procedures, including (but not limited to) specifications, test procedures, block diagrams, schematics, manuals, Application Programming Interface (API) or any other documentation required for deliverables.
- Provide verbal and written progress reports to all levels of management within the business.
- Evaluate current and new software technologies as well as their potential benefits and use case applications through research and testing.
- Support the preparation and filing of patent disclosures/applications by identifying novel technology and writing the initial idea descriptions.
- Support Agile software development processes as part of the development team.
- Undertake testing, evaluation, modification and re-testing of products/solutions.
- Work to defined project specifications, budgets and timescales.
- Support general tendering and marketing activities, as and when required.
- Support and assist in testing and commissioning, both on-site and off-site.
- Work to relevant international standards and best practice guidelines as required.
- Undertake engineering consultancy work in accordance with company and client requirements.
- Review development work as part of sprint iterations.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to co-ordinate the transfer of new products/systems into commercial solutions.
- Lead pair programming code development sessions.
- Disseminate Software development good practice.
- Proven capability of delivering engineering packages of work to customer requirement
- General understanding and appreciation of software development principles
- Experience working as part of a team and in a development environment
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject
- Ability to think about the big picture
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- 26 Days Holiday
- Private Medical Healthcare Scheme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Profit Related Bonus
Berry Rowan Recruitment Solutions are acting as independent Recruiters in respect of this role. All third party applications will be forwarded to Berry Rowan.
Key words: Python, Software Engineer, Portishead
Please click below to apply to Jeanette
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£500 - £600 Daily
£500 - £525 Annual
£300 - £370 Daily
£40k - £85k Annual
£40k - £55k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual