IT Vendor Manager - EMEA
Posted on Feb 6, 2020 by Acuative Ltd
The Vendor Manager (VM) - EMEA will lead the management of the strategic and tactical relationships between internal key stakeholders and defined strategic IT suppliers. The role requires someone who is in the IT field and have relevant IT field experience. The VM will own and be accountable for the commercial/contract management of suppliers in IT, including establishing key performance criteria, measuring achievement, and undertaking regular reviews. Maintaining customer satisfaction through ensuring the highest level of achievement via local supplier relationships. Maintaining a healthy customer relationship acting as the bridge between the customer and the local supplier, and identifying new business opportunities with the customer. Strong IT field experience required for this role and the ideal candidate will be from an IT background.
- Source a network of local suppliers who offer field engineering services.
- Negotiate and agree terms with suppliers to ensure that field engineering services are financially viable, offer maximum benefit to the Company, and delivered consistently to the Company's processes and standards.
- Manage the strategic IT supplier and vendor to deliver field engineering services in alignment with agreed business vision and strategy.
- The VM is wholly responsible for the management of the relationship with the IT suppliers across multiple business lines, regions, services and contracts with a specific mandate for performance management and relationship management across their vendor portfolio.
- Responsible for commercial risk monitoring across the business.
- Development, documentation, implementation and maintenance of vendor contract management processes, standards, and metrics tracking against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Responsible for establishing and monitoring relevant IT supplier Service Level Agreements (SLA's) including regular, formal business review meetings. He/She will serve as the primary liaison point between legal, project leads and other key stakeholders.
- Contract and commercial issue escalation and resolution management.
- Key liaison for internal and/or external audits and assessments.
- Meet on a regular and ad hoc basis with internal stakeholders to track vendor performance and enable timely indentification of performance deficiencies.
- Manage outcome based deliverables with strong focus on performance, reporting and communications.
- Assist in growing the customer accounts though identifying new business opportunities and coordinating activities with the Acuative sales organization for follow up
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Travel
- Full time Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm based in our Uxbridge office. Business travel expected within EMEA otherwise office based at all other times.
- Significant and proven experience in vendor and contract management.
- Experience of contract negotiation.
- Excellent strategic agility, critical thinker, communication, influencing.
- Strong business planning skills, able to drive change.
- Strong domain knowledge of the relevant business and business processes.
- Proven experience in identifying and delivering process.
- Improvement projects in a complex operating environment using strong relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Experience in selecting and managing 3rd party suppliers of relevant services and resources, with relevant existing relationships.
- Good knowledge of the retail industry, including store operations and IT
- Good relationship builder with strong diplomatic skills
- Solution driven and able to react quickly and resolve issues
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Projects, Visio)
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Decisive and able to work under pressure meeting deadlines.
- A service-orientated team player.
- Able to work independently, influence and engage across the organization understanding detail and the overall structure.
- Able to take ownership over problems and deliver results, understand the relationship of business drivers, and when deliverables appear right or wrong.
- Able to communicate with people from various backgrounds.
NOTE: The above is intended as a general non-exhaustive description of an Acuative position as of the date written. It does not prescribe or restrict the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned or reassigned to this position at any time.