Principle Infrastructure Cloud Architect - AWS and/or Azure, Hybrid Cl
Posted on Feb 6, 2020 by Mercator IT Solutions
Principle Infrastructure Cloud Architect - AWS and/or Azure, Hybrid Cloud, Server, Storage, Networks
The Principal Infrastructure Cloud Architect is expected to cover the full life cycle of an engagement from supporting sales in scoping and positioning solutions within the pre-sales environment through to team selection and on-boarding and engagement delivery, management and closure.
The successful candidate must drive change by working with client CIO/CTO to set the right agenda to transform IT and their business. Must have a deep understanding of and be able to articulate the cloud transformational journey in both business value and technology terms to a variety of client business and IT stakeholder groups. Their understanding of methods, tools, techniques and experience in the architecture area will help both sustain and accelerate such transformation programmes.
In general, the role is expected to focus on leading, managing and contributing to delivery of Consulting engagements. Ultimately the Principal Cloud Architect is commercially accountable for engagement revenue, margin, client satisfaction and on-going relationship/follow on work
- Delivering Cloud technology advice to our clients, identifying solutions to their issues as appropriate
- This position requires strong communication and presentation skills, business development acumen, a well-developed technical aptitude, the ability to work successfully as part of a team, and a strong industry background.
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity in the development of technical solutions for complex client situations.
- Support Account Managers in positioning, scoping and developing proposals, pricing and contracts
- Advising clients on how to optimise their Cloud infrastructure investments
- Assist in delivery team selection and responsible for on-boarding delivery team
- Lead and manage small, medium and large-scale engagements and engagement teams which may include client and third party resources
- Contribute to engagement delivery and act as a subject matter expert and engagement mentor for cloud technical architecture and infrastructure
- Accountable for consistent, predictable and scalable delivery of solutions and services and to ensure successful completion of client engagements as well as overall client satisfaction
- Acting as quality review of technical consulting deliverables
Technical Competencies (Experience and Knowledge):
- Certified to associate level in AWS and/or Azure, preferred AWS Professional Solutions Architect OR Azure Expert Solutions Architect
- Broad knowledge of infrastructure technologies across server, storage, networks and integration technologies with a strong appreciation of cloud strategies, tools and technologies
- Pre-sales experience with demonstrable success
- Hybrid cloud technical strategy development experience with an appreciation of the integrated people and process requirements for success
- Hybrid Cloud transformation experience from a technology perspective and appreciation across breadth of people and process requirements for success
- Exceptional consulting skills, including methods, tools and techniques to apply within an IT transformation context
- Strong knowledge and working experience of architecture design from building block to component level across different clients and verticals
Skills and Behavioral Competencies:
- Strong written communication, oral communication, listening and presentation skills with ability to adjust appropriately to audience type and level
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity in the development of approaches and technical solutions for complex client situations
- Manage own time effectively and work with little or no supervision
- Team player, able to mentor, coach and motivate others
- Ability to build rapport, influence, work effectively and develop trusted relationships at all levels in client organisations
Mercator IT Solutions provides services as an agency and an employment business