Posted on Feb 6, 2020 by fortice
I'm heading up a project on behalf of a global IT consultancy that require a Pega Developer to join their team on a major project in Dublin.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Analyze, design, develop, debug, test, document, deploy and provide production support applications using primary skills in Java, J2EE, Pega PRPC (Pega Rules Process Commander), and BPM, Oracle
- Work with product owner and Cyber security operations on agreeing on refining business requirements and acceptance criteria
- Understand business workflow requirements from Cyber Operations team/Business Analysts and implement those requirements in Java/J2EE and Pega Rules Process Commander platform as part of an agile team
- Implement test-driven development, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Integration practices and adhere to JPMC software development process.
- Assist team in supporting the application in QA and production environments
- Identify opportunities for process and tool improvements; drive them from concept to implementation
- Keep abreast with the latest development practices and road map of Pega
- Interact with business and cross block teams, identifying application impacts, interface design and technical specification design documentation
- Project scoping, release management, build planning, technical documentation and status reporting
- Lead the project team, technical training and mentoring for implementation of solutions and roll outs
- Ensure all quality standards are followed for the deliverables through code metrics checks, code reviews, unit and regression testing. Support quality assurance, performance and business user acceptance testing phases
- Lead the team on Tech Refresh initiatives to revamp the underlying technology and application infrastructure to make it compliant with enterprise wide controls and policies.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Pega CSSA certification or higher with minimum 5 years of Pega hands-on implementation work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental tool-sets
- Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages: Java/J2EE, Object Oriented
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- Oracle SQL experience
- Proven hands-on application development experience in large enterprise class environment
- Excellent understanding of integration with third party APIs (Web services, JSON, REST, XML etc.)
- Proficiency in development and deployment using WebSphere
- Good understanding on database design and query optimization
- Experience with progressive development practices and tools (eg unit testing, static code analysis, continuous integration, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing documentation, training users in complex topics
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while remaining productive and professional; exercise patience and ability to multi task
- Agile experience