Data Governance Expert - Collibra
Posted on Feb 6, 2020 by Base 3
Data Governance Expert - Collibra
You will be joining the Data Management Office department (headed by the Chief Data Officer, part of the Operational Excellence division which reports to both the Chief Information Officer and the Chief Business Officer).
The Data Management Office team (DMO) is a multi-disciplinary group of experts with experience and interest in data as a business asset.
The DMO is in charge of
- Organizing the end to end data quality management by (1) coordinating the data quality managers, (2) manage company-wide data quality dashboards, (3) prioritize and plan resolution of quality issues.
- Owning the present Data Governance & Management board policy for all entities, including its organization, implementation and maintenance. This covers amongst others definition of roles and responsibilities, Meta-data Management and Lineage (a.k.a Data Management Framework).
- Maintaining and validating transversal information taxonomies.
- Ensuring the coherence of Data Management Methods and Tools between different divisions/departments, and between business & technology.
- Coaching the assigned business data owners and data stewards in the business.
- Assisting and supporting the meta-data documentation and management (eg data dictionaries, data traceability/lineage, data sharing agreements)
Your role in the Data Management Office
You support the role out of the data transformation, and best practices for data management and governance across the organisation, starting with IT.
- You define the common minimal standards for any project of a similar nature (eg, IT Development of an application, creation of a new report leveraging a data warehouse, etc.) in terms of data governance (definition of roles and responsibilities, data traceability and lineage, business glossaries and data dictionaries, operationalization of existing tools including Collibra,);
- You provide Data Governance expertise to support stakeholders in projects during the integrating of Data Traceability and Lineage, Business Glossaries and Data Dictionaries in a project (change) context, using Collibra;
- You translate the data governance policy in actionable procedures and guidelines, roles and responsibilities, ensuring the implementation and the adherence of the policies and guidelines in projects, taking into account different methodologies, technologies and tools;
- You provide advisory and change management assistance in the roll-out across the different IT roadmaps;
- You actively support Business and IT users: you review, validate and guide, you provide pro-active advice and coaching to help them achieve their data management goals.
You help defining and rolling out data domains, to structure the data landscape, across business and IT.
- You help to identify data owners, data stewards and data custodians of the domains;
- You help train and coach them;
- You help to define MECE data domains.
- You help to apply Data Governance for specific domains where we manage reference data, such as the Securities (Financial Instruments).
- You support the design and establishment and efficient standards, procedures, roles and responsibilities, documentation, with regards to reference data (ie data of financial instruments processed by a Central Securities Depository, settlement transactions data, parties and accounts data);
- You help identify and document the multiple usages of these data across the company and the key consumers and producers of such data;
- You help clarify the scope and specificities of each data repository (eg differences between securities databases in one national CSD with another).
As a member of the Data Management Office, you are part of the team that actively contributes to harness the strategic data opportunities, transforming the company to realign the data into a critical business assets. You report into the CDO.
- You actively contribute to rolling out the Group Data Management Program, as part of the strategic objectives.
- You are able to cope with areas of various levels of complexity, which can typically span across functional/location lines.
- You contribute to the continuous improvement of the Data Management processes.
- You are an experienced Data Governance professional, having defined Data Governance including the roll out in medium to large, multi-entity international organisations. Certification is a strong asset (f.i. Collibra Certification Level 1-2-3, Collibra Ranger).
- You have extensive experience with Collibra Data Governance Centre (or a similar Data Governance solution).
- You have proven Change Management experience in complex organisations, including Business and IT. You are able to work with people from different areas (Business and IT) through strong inter-personal skills (active listening, empathy, influencing) and to steer working groups. You are a team-player with people focus and able to work with various colleagues across the organization.
- You have a passion for data and its added value and you have the strong desire to transform the culture into a data culture. You apply a pragmatic approach to deliver results at a steady pace.
- A strong command of English is required.
We offer a unique opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in the fast developing and promising area of data management, leveraging the most modern and efficient methods and tools (eg, Data Governance, Data Traceability, modern Data Quality, Data Intelligence, Data Stewardship, activities enabling data monetisation and efficient data warehousing/data analytics platforms).