Systems and Storage Architect
Posted on Feb 6, 2020 by Berkeley Square IT Ltd
Systems and Storage Architect
€520 per day
12-month ongoing contract
My Client are a globally leading Organization and are looking for an English-speaking Architect to join their ongoing project in Belgium. You will be integrated into the team where you will work closely with the IT team on site.
- Participate to the evolution of IT Systems and storage Infrastructure
- Participate to the drafting or review of proposals for IT architecture governance and organisational evolution
- Review, investigate and recommend IT solutions (including cost/benefit analyses, assessment of implementation s duration)
- Support projects by contributing to the design of the systems or storage layers, their services and components, encouraging re-use and ensuring that the system design fulfils the IT requirements
- Follow up infrastructure projects to control that the systems, components and/or services implementation stick to the approved design and planning
- Support the continuity of the IT operation by supervising the management of the systems and storage infrastructures by the contractors in all areas (configuration, event, incident, change, problem, knowledge, continuity )
- Understand, apply and suggest improvements of methodology, security policies, tools, best practices, etc.
- Smooth execution of project test and release processes, proactively proposes improvements and record them in a CSIP perspective
- Supervise the projects follow up and reporting to ensure timely set up of required infrastructure
- Manage and follow up technical projects
- Enforce the delivery of the project(s) according to the agreed schedule, with the expected quality and with the resources provided
- Produce and/or review documents, follow-up document revision with an eye on project, schedule and deadlines- escalate issues, in particular the ones with potential impacts on time or resources
- College or University degree required, with relevant experience in complex IT environments
- Minimum 10 years in the architecture and/or project management of IT infrastructure-related projects, out of which 4 years minimum in the specific area of IT Systems and Storage technologies, processes and projects, matured in complex and structured organisation
- Knowledge of Hitachi SDS, VMware Servers virtualization technologies
- Good knowledge of IT networking related technologies, such as LAN, WAN, networking security equipment, load balancers and their management
- Ability to produce and review architectural documents, minutes, business cases, vision documents, service level agreements, terms of collaboration, planning schedules, etc.
- Experience in project coordination, preferably involving a recognised methodology, such as Prince2, PMIBOK, PM2
- Knowledge of ITIL, COBIT or other IT organisational related frameworks
- Knowledge of basic IT processes in particular Service Management and Operations;
- Proven experience in datacenters operations support
- Proven experience in capacity management of storage, compute resources and supervision of the rollout
- Knowledge of Databases, Middleware and application development, experience in public administration, Cloud services (paas) and possession of a recognized certificate in project management would be a valuable asset.
This is an opportunity to work for an exciting and dynamic Company working on a long-term major project in an international, multilingual environment where you can add real presence to the team whilst the role offers a fantastic package
Interviews being held very quickly, so if you are interested - apply or send your CV or call.