Data Engineering Manager
Posted on Feb 6, 2020 by Darwin Recruitment
We are looking for Data Engineering Managers with expert opinion in helping our client drive the teams towards delivering more business value. The goal is to increase self-service of data collection and analytics within all areas of the organisation.
Technologies in use
Python, Java, Airflow, Apache Beam (Google Dataflow), BigQuery, Cloud Storage, Pub/Sub, Protocol Buffer, Kubernetes.
- A degree in computer science, a related degree, or similar work experience
- Managerial Experience
- Experience modelling and optimizing (big) data for analytics and querying, including a good understanding of concepts like column-oriented stores, partitioning, indexing
- Strong programming skills in Python and SQL
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent English
- Affinity with working in an Agile development environment
- If you have experience in working with big data, high volume websites or eCommerce, it is definitely an advantage
- Developing products and services as part of a scrum team
- Leveraging your software engineering expertise to coach less experienced engineers solve challenging problems
- Nurturing and encouraging creativity, as we offer a huge amount of freedom from a technology and ownership stand-point
Are you a superstar Data Engineer who does not mind getting their hands-on when needed and also is great with managing people?
Apply now and we'll get in touch!