Posted on Feb 5, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - Amsterdam
Purpose & Accountabilities
We are looking for an IT Advisor to join our HR Business Interface. The Business Interface acts as the thought leader and trusted IT advisor to the HR portfolios: Remuneration, Benefit and HR Services, Learning, Talent & Development and Strategy, Data and Integration.
The purpose of the IT Advisor is to enable value delivery through fit for purpose and cost effective IT capabilities with engaging user experience, whilst partnering with HR to establish a competitive long term system landscape, support the HR Digital Core implementation and enable digital transformation across the HR portfolio's.
As an IT Advisor you will engage with stakeholders across the business and look for and shape new opportunities together with your business stakeholders. You will listen for, and capture, the future IT needs of the business and you'll align them with the overall strategic direction. You will follow both the HR market trends and the IT Technology trends and use this in your opportunity framings and play this back to the IT Advisory team and your natural team (point of views, papers, article summaries).
- Business Value: to unlock or protect business value, you develop a business case to an opportunity framing for an IT solution, which could include a market scan, scoping, NPV calculation, cost estimation, requirement gathering and creating high level plans;
- Trusted Advisor: Drive business value outcomes and enable the business through technology. This will require strong stakeholder management skills as the stakeholders are senior in some cases;
- Innovation: Stay IT relevant by following key IT trends (eg AI, VR/AR, Data Analytics, Chatbots, Autonomous things, Digital ethics and privacy, quantum computing);
- Business Intelligence: Knowing the HR business processes and stay Business relevant by following HR industry trends;
- Orchestrator & Challenger: Collaborate with business and IT in co-creating and projectising opportunity framings and strategic studies.
- No Direct Reports;
- Works in a team of IT Advisors allowing to work cross-portfolio;
- Works with the IT "natural team" covering all IT teams working on a business portfolio (approximately 8 - 10 'natural team' members);
- Typical Experience: 4-7 years in corporate IT;
- Minimum Education or Certification: 3-year Degree;
- Reports to Lead IT Advisor for HR.
Skills and Requirements
You act as a consultant to our business and bring new IT trends and innovations to our HR business. You can easily manage relationships with your business stakeholders. You manage expectations and dare to challenge your IT and business stakeholders. You are the type of person who can deliver on time, every time.
You are an excellent communicator and have effective influencing and consultation skills that motivate others and your time management skills are second to none.
The Business Interface ensures smooth delivery of existing IT services, whilst working jointly with her senior stakeholders to create new strategy and the underpinning technology components.
The portfolios are highly complex and therefore Business Interface is end-to-end accountable for IT. This requires support from a strategic thinker with consultancy skills who can have the helicopter view (how the bits fit) and can dive into the detail at a moment's notice.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.