QA Test Engineer
Posted on Feb 5, 2020 by Oblix IT Partners
You will be responsible for QA testing as part of a development team. You will also be responsible for improving the tools and processes used by the team. This position will be working in an environment where cross skilling is essential, and quality is the responsibility of everyone within the organisation.
The role will include, but not limited to:
- Design, build, customise, deploy and maintain a test automation environment.
- Documenting new and existing testing processes, using the tools provided.
- Performing high-class debugging
- Writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases and reports
- Collaborate with our product manager and product owners to make sure each user story has a clear acceptance criteria, and thereafter
- Working closely with the platform architect and entire development team to make sure each correspondent acceptance test can be mapped out to automated test(s)
- Planning and building scalable testing infrastructure and tooling, with continual improvement and evolution.
Required skills and experience:
- Proven experience with QA, designing and building Testing Frameworks and Automation within a web applications or SaaS platform environment.
- Ability to evaluate a variety of available tools and systems and clearly communicate the case for use on a technical and business level.
- Experience with Acceptance Tests Driven Development approach.
- Experience with Selenium, Jenkins, CI, GitLab etc.
- Strong knowledge of front and back end unit testing using PHPUnit, Jest, Enzyme etc.
- Strong testing mentality and an eye for quality defects.
- Good knowledge of git workflows and comfortable using advanced git command line tools (rebase, bisect).
- Hands-on experience working with Lean/Agile software development practices.
- BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to multitask
- An outgoing, positive thinker, with consistent levels of evident enthusiasm
- Open, honest and direct, is comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Has high personal standards and promotes them in others
- Demonstrates a great attention to detail and a methodical approach to work
- Great communication skills with the ability to discuss difficult situations with ease
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£35k - £43k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual