Posted on Feb 5, 2020 by ITech Consult
Our client is a seeking a business analyst to join their customer experience team and assist with the implementation of their many, diverse implementations of its leading Learning Management System software.
Ideally the role is suited to someone with a technology background who has experience in client engagements. You will need to develop a clear understanding of our customers' exact business and education challenges, helping customers to define their requirements clearly and determine how they can best be achieved using our client's software. You will be expected to participate in the implementation of those requirements, assisting developers with direction and guidance, and testing the final result to ensure it meets the goals and needs of the client. You will also participate in some internal business analysis for the product development team, providing functional guidance and direction on new features in the product.
You will be a primary point of contact for internal and external project stakeholders, using your excellent communication skills to keep customers, project teams, and stakeholders informed and working toward the same goals.
As a member of the Professional Services Team, your role will be instrumental in enabling our software development teams to rapidly deliver functionality that drives customer satisfaction. You should be able to:
* Create focus and clarity: Help to create a clear understanding between customer and project team of the workflows, processes, and functionality required to successfully deliver the project to the customer. Encourage an environment of ownership and accountability within the team.
* Support our customers: Establish good relationships with customers and ensure their requirements and timelines are properly accounted for in our project planning. They should feel like you and the project team are an extension of their organization.
* Stay one step ahead: Be able to quantify the impact of changing requirements and timelines and work with the project team to manage the customer's expectations.
* Be comfortable working in a software development environment, understand terminology and be able to clearly communicate technical information to stakeholders and customers.
* Serve as the conduit between the customer community and the software development team through which requirements flow.
* Proactively communicate and collaborate with external customers to elicit and analyse information needs and functional requirements, map these requirements to solutions, and deliver the following project documentation as needed: Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document); Use Cases; GUI, Screen, and Interface designs.
* Assist with development reviews and final testing to ensure the functionality meets the client needs.
* Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
* Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Attention to quality and detail
* Strong appreciation of the business application of software.
* Highly effective communication, listening, and presentation skills.
* Self-starter with excellent time management, decision-making, and organizational skills.
* Knowledge of SQL Server and/or Oracle RDBMS technologies
* Ability to prioritise and manage work
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: FK
Role: Business Analyst
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
Feel free to contact us for further information.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
€50k - €65k Annual
€60k - €75k Annual
€500 - €550 Daily